DIR regulators...?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ddown:
Does anybody have any reliabilty evidendence to back up this Apeks reliabilty claims? I would think in thirty years or so the Scubapro has proven it's record. What is the Apeks based on Opinion or the DIR Mantra--recommendations.

I dont really know what you want, and I dont think anything we say is going to satisfy you... Scubapro regs have had their ups and downs over the years. They have gone thru different model changes, just like all the reg companies. Apeks have had a good run with the TX series and now the ATX series regs. I dont think that you have to look at the whole lineup of every single Apeks or Scubapro reg to determine reliability. Most companies change designs, do more testing, upgrade certain components, and generally make their regs better. The current model Apeks regs are very good dependable regs. Compared to other companies models of balanced diaphragm regs, I would take Apeks hands down, all day... I would not use Scubapro regs in cold water (<50 deg F), I would choose an Apeks. Since I do most of my diving in cold water, and I like the environmental seal, Apeks is a very good choice for me. I also got mine at a very nice price. Although, I could have gotten Scubapro also. Oh, btw, I am not a DIR lemming.

LUBOLD8431:
The current model Apeks regs are very good dependable regs...Compared to other companies models of balanced diaphragm regs, I would take Apeks hands down, all day...Oh, btw, I am not a DIR lemming.
I agree, even if you are a lemming of the non-DIR persuasion. :wink:

Is the risk of freeflow that high in water > 40F? I don't dive in cold water all that much, but haven't had any problems with a piston reg on my left post in 42F.

nope, the first stage has the opv still in it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom