DIR Reg Setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BradJ

Reaction score
What alternatives are there to attaching the snap-bolt to the primary regulator and the SPG per DIR requirements for breakaway?

My Halcyon dealer sets it up with cheap looking white, nylon cord.

Does anyone make a "professional" product or is there another alternative?

That's exactly how it's supposed to be attached. They're probably using cave line.

Breakaways (like o-rings) are no longer the proper technique for regs and SPG's.

BradJ once bubbled...
What alternatives are there to attaching the snap-bolt to the primary regulator and the SPG per DIR requirements for breakaway?

My Halcyon dealer sets it up with cheap looking white, nylon cord.

Does anyone make a "professional" product or is there another alternative?

Agreed.

If you want to go pure DIR, using cave line on your SPG and reg is the accepted method now, although I'm still not convinced a non-breakaway connection on the long hose is a good idea.

Ben

Yeah. That one's been bugging me also.

OneBrightGator once bubbled...
Agreed.

If you want to go pure DIR, using cave line on your SPG and reg is the accepted method now, although I'm still not convinced a non-breakaway connection on the long hose is a good idea.

Ben

My feelings are, if I'm moving my gear around the bed of my truck or a boat and my long hose gets caught I'd rather break an o-ring then stress the hose, also, if you are diving a stage and you have it clipped off I'd rather be able to pull it loose than have to unclip or cut it regardless.

Ben

And during a valve drill, if I somehow forget to unclip my primary and shut down my left post, I'd like to be able to pull it loose quickly!

paulwlee once bubbled...
You can still breath off of the primary when it's clipped off, can't you?

It really depends on how close to the reg that the clip is attached. In any case, it would not be my first choice!

I still have the O-ring set up MHK did for me at DIR/F in March. I'm using line on the SPG, and the non-Ben-approved ( :D ) tie-wrap on the light.

UP - is that one of those snapzilla fo NIX on your SPG? It looks like the 1 1/8" big-eyed monster.

K

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom