DIR recreational deco?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lamont

Contributor
Reaction score
Okay, maybe I just shouldn't even be trying to do this, but I'm trying to sort out what GI3 says about decompression diving and apply it to diving within the NDL limits. In particular I'm trying to sort out statements like these:

" Otherwise, repetitive diving is a good thing, and you should do your shallower dive first and then your deeper one. The stupidity taught in that regard is beyond the pale."

" From a decompression point of view, we have seen that repetitive diving makes no difference, so we ignore the first dive in calculating the second. The only trick is that the second dive should be deeper than or equal to the first, and you can not bounce dive after a dive of any kind. We have done back to back 300's with 60 minute bottom times with no change of deco schedule. However, since the real risk is oxygen exposure, we have discontinued that practice due in the WKPP."

(http://www.wkpp.org/articles/Decompression/repetitive_dives.htm)

So, is my Suunto Vyper being particularly stupid when it penalizes me for reverse profile diving? What kind of surface intervals should I use for dives within the NDL? Should I just stay away from this kind of voodoo?

Viscya:
You should take DIR-F and then Tech 1. They will answer these questions.
Or if you are not interested in Tech diving, RecTriox may help.

If you are trying to learn stuff from the internet, you should be especially cautious when thinking about taking to take to heart the random rantings of some writers :wink:

Snowbear:
Or if you are not interested in Tech diving, RecTriox may help.

If you are trying to learn stuff from the internet, you should be especially cautious when thinking about taking to take to heart the random rantings of some writers :wink:

yeah, DIRF didn't cover it... RecTriox is on my to-do list...

Why even have a board if the answer is always, "take a class"?

I took a DIRF, and if I had a nickle for every time someone asked a legitimate question on one of these boards and the answer was "take DIRF" and it was something they never even mentioned in my class, I'd, well, I'd have a couple of bucks, anyway.

Anyway, what's wrong with the question? Is GI advocating deepest dive last for recreational profiles, and if so, why? It's not like it's a tech diving question, as if that matters.

Evans:
Why even have a board if the answer is always, "take a class"?

I took a DIRF, and if I had a nickle for every time someone asked a legitimate question on one of these boards and the answer was "take DIRF" and it was something they never even mentioned in my class, I'd, well, I'd have a couple of bucks, anyway.

Anyway, what's wrong with the question? Is GI advocating deepest dive last for recreational profiles, and if so, why? It's not like it's a tech diving question, as if that matters.

Actually this was covered in my Tech 1 class. And it has something to do with getting your body cleaned out of bubbles as much as possible.

To find out more, go take the class :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom