DIR & rec diving, adding a pocket

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dr. Frankenmule:
how big are the bellows pockets, 5d doesn't give a size. It looks like the large pocket Halcyon sells. That's a great price at any rate, what was shipping?

The 5th-D pockets have the following dimensions

Width: 8"
Back Height (The part that is glued to your leg): 10.5 "
Front Height : 9 "
Top Flap: 4.5"
Depth: 3"

thanks, that's the one I want.

Dive Rite has thigh pockets you can put on a weight belt and they have velcro that goes around your legs. I use them since my BACK Inflate didn't come with pockets.

Besides the wetnotes, you might think about getting a pair of X-shorts (with pockets already installed) that are great for using over a wetsuit and you can use them with every suit (from your 3mm-7mm or drysuit). Check out the www.dive-xtras.com site that shows them and some X-notes (wetnotes w/ holder) and few other innovative ideas. You can also order from www.fifthd.com (online or call for a human on the other end) these products. Best of Luck!

E

One more thing, the X-shorts have the 5thD pockets. Also there are a few pics of them "in use" in the Travel 2004 picture gallery under cavern in the Mexico pics...

E

Dr. Frankenmule:
Boogie711,
If these are sold with a different cover, these would be the best. There are several hundred pages in each book. It's about 1/2" thick, 4 1/2"x7 1/4". This one came from a Surveyors Supply store.

I'm in Seattle and I can pick up a variety of surveying note books at the local university book store - either spiral bound, stapled or hardbound together. I got several stapled note books (which can easily be taken apart) and one hardbound that i will use as my new dive log - nice and compact and won't mind getting wet on the boat.

Jason

So how many of you use the x-shorts?
Do they flood with water easy?
Do they have to be adjusted for waist tightness at depth?

I get the feeling this guy doesnt dive with a backplate-

Hey Dr. dont feel overwhelmed try to this website- www.gue.com/
-it gives equipment configuation tips- Equipment tips- and the names of people that can help you to make the transition to the dark side of diving...

Here drink this punch- it will help. :eek:verlord:

Dr. Frankenmule-
I do
Yes they flood quickly and also drain quickly
No they do not fall down. there is a drawstring you tighten before you put your harness and weightbelt (if you use one). and the crotch strap will prevent the shorts from sliding down your drysuit.

the only problem with x shorts I can see is they are 2mil neoprene. and up here in Canada eh? there is lots of zebra mussles (read millions of little knifes on the wreck). all the better reason to practice neutral buoyancy and horiz trim)

I've been to the GUE page (in my bookmarks), yes it is overwhelming. Especially to a DIR Neophyte. That's why I ask so many questions. I get to a certain point and get brain freeze per se. If I can work into it slowly, I will be better set WHEN I take the class. In the mean time, I have to give you guys something to do at work...... Not that I want to be a hobby. The more exlpainations you get from different people, the easier it is to understand a topic. I'm a research maniac, I love learning new stuff and getting a better rounded understanding BEFORE I jump into it. The last thing I want to do is dive with a Tech diver (if I ever got the chance) and be a stroke.

I hope other newbies reading this can benefit from this thread as much as I have.
asta,
oh yeah, see you, eh.
I'm learning Canadian too.
Greg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom