DIR - Light question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Pirate once bubbled...

I think you misunderstand the nature of my message. I do not think that any buddy team of divers who regularly dive together, practice skills, plan dives and dive plans, and are generally on the same page will ever have an OOA problem or any problem for that matter that they cannot solve rather quickly and efficiently. Can you actually imagine yourself running out of air without some major catastrophe having occurred (i.e. cave collapse)? If so, you should quit diving now. I can't because all my dives are planned with more than enough reserve gas do deal with problems.

Yep, you're right there. Definitely take some serious $h1+ to have an OOG on our team/buddies.

The OOA diver will virtually always be some dumb goober with another group that is in a panic because he/she's about to die, and is looking for the closest source of air. They do not give any thought to proper signalling or anything else except getting to a source of air. If you've never experienced a true OOA diver then you don't have a clue about what I'm talking about. It will not be you or your buddy, but some idiot that happens to be in the water in your vicinity. You most likely won't see it coming. Its great to practice OOA drills because it enables you to develop skills and instincts that will aid you if the real thing ever happens to you (but remember, you won't be the one ooa).

Exactly why we try to stay away from places where there are "dumb goobers" diving. Besides, isn't that what your knife is really for? :wink:

You've gotten way off base from the original question, which was why only hold it in the left hand. The left had is where it should usually be held, but not always depending on the circumstances.

True but almost always I'd say.

Things usually happen at the worst possible moment so if you are prepared you can stop a situation before it becomes a true CF!

DSAO!

ericfine50 once bubbled...
Chixdiver - Get better soon. Sucks to break an arm.
Pirate- are you using a thumb loop on the lighthead?thanks
eric
Yes, but sometimes I just hold the handle under my thumb without using the thumbholder. It depends on the situation. If I want to be able to move the light beam around, I use the thumb holder.

The Pirate :pirate:

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom