DIR - Light question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WreckWriter once bubbled...
As for scooters, I find them a natural evolution for all tech divers, not just cavers. WW

It would be nice if that were the case. However, I think that there are whole lot more tech divers out there who do not scooter than there are those that do scooter. For me personally, I was scootering as a rec diver long before I became a cave or tech diver. A scooter can get someone in trouble faster than just about any other aspect of diving. A lot of so called tech divers do not possess the frame of mind to handle the extra task loading associated with scooters.

The Pirate :pirate:

Not quite O Ring....

I fell while taking gear to the truck Sunday afternoon. I tripped and fell forward, stuck my arm out (iinstict, but dont EVER do it!!). Hurt but didnt think much of it at the time. Still hurt on the 12 drive home, but.... Tues went and got some xrays and found out I fractured the ulna in 2 places and also the radial head (in the elbow). GOt a purdy splint and a couple weeks dry out of the deal (and you should SEE the bruise!).

O-ring once bubbled...

She raised her arm to thumb the dive but her buddy got mad cause he still had 500 psi and they were only 12 grand back. He put her arm in his Gavin to make a point and it snapped like a twig.. (he had one of the "special" wind motors)

LOL....now thats tragic.......how did the gavin hold up :D

Ouch!! That truly sucks.Make the best of your dry dock situation and get well soon!!

chickdiver once bubbled...
Not quite O Ring....

I fell while taking gear to the truck Sunday afternoon. I tripped and fell forward, stuck my arm out (iinstict, but dont EVER do it!!). Hurt but didnt think much of it at the time. Still hurt on the 12 drive home, but.... Tues went and got some xrays and found out I fractured the ulna in 2 places and also the radial head (in the elbow). GOt a purdy splint and a couple weeks dry out of the deal (and you should SEE the bruise!).

Got the parts kits coming so I can do all the rebuilds.... got new line to resling the stages.... I plan to use this time "constructively":eek:ut:

MechDiver once bubbled...
"you *might* check out the thread in this forum dealing with attaching clips to Goodman handles. It has some good questions/answers toward the end dealing with this exact topic."
MD

I've been looking for the thread you mentioned but don't seem to find it. How long ago was it?

chickdiver once bubbled...
Got the parts kits coming so I can do all the rebuilds.... got new line to resling the stages.... I plan to use this time "constructively":eek:ut:

I know of some good medicine for when the land sickness gets too much to handle.

Good medicane for "land sickness"? Im almost afraid to ask, but I just gotta.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom