DIR Hoses in various configuration

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Olariuas

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello.

I would like to know hoses' size for a DIR Hoses configuration in various configuration.
If size can have an impact: I am 172 cm ...

Please - Correct me if I am wrong. I'm sure I am.

Single / Doubles:
LP Primary hose: 7' --> 210 cm
LP Backup hose: 22" or 24"--> 56 - 60 cm
HP SPG hose: 24" --> 60 cm
LPI Wing inflator: 18" --> 45 cm*
LP Drysuit inflator: 20" --> 50 cm*

Sidemount:
2x LP Primary hose:
2x HP SPG hose:
LP Drysuit inflator: ?

Stage/Deco: DIR-diver.com - Reg config stages/deco
LP Primary hose: 36" or 40"--> 90 - 102 cm
HP SPG hose: 2" or 6"--> 5 - 15 cm ??

Drysuit/Wing :
2x LP inflator: 22" --> 56 cm

* removed if separate Drysuit/Wing ?

Last edited:
Do you ever sleep?

I'm concerned that you're going to exhaust yourself via endless speculation, and lose interest in actual scuba-diving altogether.

Most scubaboard' threads I found about 'DIR hoses' keywords were created around 2002-2003 and I have no clue if some evolutions was made about it.
Of course I would get all answers during GUE-training but as I created a thread yesterday about doubles regulators set
and as I still want to know which sizes (why not) and discuss instead to buy a full dir set already done.

And it's 3:40 PM in my country. Not sleeping.

@Olariuas

basically no change to the backmount or stage setups. The inflator hoses are usually custom length though. It's plus or minus a couple inches from the "standard" but the drysuit will depend on where your valve is located, how big your chest is etc. and the inflator may be an inch or two in either direction depending on hose length, if you use a 5th port, etc. If using a fifth port, you can usually cut 2 inches out of the secondary as well.
Their hose lengths are militant to the inch, it's the general concepts of using hoses that are no longer than they need to be.

Different agencies have dropped the term DIR *GUE*, and others have picked it up *ISE, UTD, etc*. GUE does not have a formal stance on sidemount, however they use what has come to be accepted as the "norm" in the sidemount communities in Florida/Mexico which is outlined plenty on here. UTD uses their own Z-system thing that is basically a DIR singles regulator setup on your back but you plug in with QC6's, they are the only sidemount group that uses this. ISE uses what's called the Toddy system which is basically a bunch of stage regulators with LPI's on them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom