DIR friendly shops on Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use to dive with this guy in Cozumel

Antonio Solorzano of Dive Experience, he is really great guide, had never felt nothing about my rig, he knows the island by far all the way deep, never had been with more than three divers on his boat and there's no rush on to quick and fast commercial dive, but he is not a dir diver, so you will have to put some points on to the table about nitrox, ascent protocols and stuff like that

give him a call and you might have someone very nice
cell 52 987 10 70 516

and about being so close, you MIGHT contact zero gravity this guys are the top of cavern and cave diving if you haven't try it this guys are ideal to aproach a wonderfull enviroment

dive safe!

I'll second that vote for Christi.

We dived with her the first year she opened up, and although I don't think there actually is what we would consider a truly 'DIR Op' on the Island, she was professional and the DM's were safety oriented.

The entire week was the best dive op work I have seen anywhere.

I choose to believe that since these folks dive all the time, and can size YOU up within the descent time of your first dive. I find if YOU show you can be trusted, most anyone will cut you the slack you need to do it your way.

I like the small Ops like Christi. Cattle boats just blow, and I'd rather sit on the beach drinking Sol. JMO.

Thanks everyone for taking the time. Looks like a week or so in the beginning of February. Might spend a day in the cenotes and see what all the fuss is about this cave thing.... too bad their were no wrecks in caves, at least then I could see the point......:)

Oh, you'll see the point . . . If my Doubting Thomas of a husband can fall in love with the caves, I think almost anybody can :)

... Might spend a day in the cenotes and see what all the fuss is about this cave thing.... too bad their were no wrecks in caves, at least then I could see the point......:)

The last time I was there we booked one day at the end of the trip for a cavern tour, it was absolutely beautiful.. we didn't want to leave. Everyone agreed it was the highlight of our trip. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

Might spend a day in the cenotes and see what all the fuss is about this cave thing.... too bad their were no wrecks in caves, at least then I could see the point......:)

I've only been a cavern tour with Fred and that was close enough to outer space travel to get me hooked! I'm now working towards my Cave 1. Trust me, you won't miss the wrecks. :)

I haven't used them myself, but I've heard that Deep Exposure runs a nice shop.
Yeah I've been to Deep Exposure; good selection and standard DIR set-up of Twins & Deco Bottles, and saw a few X-Scooters there too. . .

Interesting, have not heard of them before. Thanks for the info...
When you say you couldn't find them, do you mean that you couldn't find their shop anywhere?

No - I'd used them before and knew exactly where the shop was. What I meant was that the shop was locked up the whole time, the phone was never answered, and I never had any calls back from the messages I left. This despite having emailed back and forth as recently as 2 days prior to my arrival. I was able to arrange diving with another shop we've used in the past (we're DIW, so didn't particularly need a DIR shop) at the last minute, fortunately.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom