DIR friendly shops on Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My wife and I recently dove with Blue XT~Sea Diving and were very pleased with the operation. The staff were wicked cool and up on things. There were three other DIR divers from Canada and New Jersey, and they let us do our own dive profiles, not to mention pointing out some really cool critters. I'd dive with them again next this year.

My wife and I just back from 5 days of diving with Living Underwater. We were down for 17 days doing work on the house, diving and just relaxing. Jeremy Anschel the owner and divemaster has two sets of my BP/W's and 7 foot hoses stored at his shop. He does not have a problem with this setup at all. I have been using this gear with him for years. I got asked questions from other divers on the boat but never a problem.

Small groups of no more than 8 usually less. Low pressure steel 95 and 120's with convertible valves. Long dives of hour plus. Fast comfortable roomy boat with camera tank, coverted top, boat cushions, towels, parkas, fruit, drinks and water. My longest dive was 82 minutes this trip and I still surfaced with a thousand psi. We were shallow shooting seahorses. Good surface intervals spent on the beach and very professional run operation.

Jeremy will store and rinse your gear each evening at no additonal cost. Or if you prefer he won't touch it, your choice. I have been diving with him for years but also check out his website living-underwater or reviews in Undercurrents.

Hope this helps with your planning.

I have to say, I didn't dive with Jeremy, but I met him at the SB dinner we had while we were there, and I liked him a lot. Very personable, very enthusiastic. If he guides like he socializes, it would be a fun operation to dive with. But I don't know about gases (whether he has 32% readily availble).

I have to say, I didn't dive with Jeremy, but I met him at the SB dinner we had while we were there, and I liked him a lot. Very personable, very enthusiastic. If he guides like he socializes, it would be a fun operation to dive with. But I don't know about gases (whether he has 32% readily availble).

Jeremy gets his tanks filled downtown at the main filling station off 30th and will get any percent you want and has a couple of meters onboard for you to personally check it. I dive air and 32 while my wife does 32 and sometimes 36.

This summer I took two 30 cf bottles down for deco gases and even getting 100 percent is not a problem. 32 and 36 runs $10 per tank which is standard for just about all the dive ops on the island.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom