Suggestion DIR Free Zone

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
fweber

fweber

Contributor
Reaction score
If I'm on the computer, I'm approximately 100 mete
Is it just me? Or do others see the need for a DIR Practioner-Free-Forum? They've got their forum now, free from everyone else's opinions. But apparently, there's nothing for them to talk about. So, they come out trolling in the general population. Can we please, have a place to discuss the issues involved in diving and learning to dive that is free from their constant condescension and general disruptiveness?

I'd hate to loose the DIR point of view and solutions. They do have a lot of good stuff to consider. Especially if you can get the objective facts without the passions.

Can we call it the Stroke Zone? :D :popcorn:

I can tell you without a doubt, the vast, vast majority of DIR divers I have had the privilege of meeting are fine people.

I agree. Unfortunately, it's not the moderate masses that stand on soap boxes inciting rebellion. So, what do we do with the few who just can't seem to do anything but end up arguing and involved in personal or agency insulting?

... anybody else getting tired of the constant flow of bull**** on this ... um ... "issue"?

Folks ... diving's supposed to be about having fun.

We do this for recreation.

If you don't like how someone else dives ... then don't do it that way. If you don't like them talking about how they dive ... then don't join the conversation.

That seems like a simple enough concept.

This thread is a perfect example of the fact that condescension and disruptiveness flows in both directions ... in other words, you're doing the very thing you're complaining that someone else is doing.

Why should you CARE if the DIR practicitioners want their own space where they can discuss how they dive without your constant trolling? If you allowed them to have those discussions ... free of your own anti-DIR bias ... they wouldn't NEED to keep you out.

This thread's freak'n useless ... just another attempt to pick a fight with people you don't happen to agree with.

Get over yourself ... there shouldn't even BE sides on this subject.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Visit Here, We let everyone post but no harping on a single point of view, just having fun!

I don't disagree. But, after petitioning for and being granted their own forum, those very "practitioners" are seeming to be the problem not DIR. So I'm suggesting a location that is simply free from the zealots or practitioners so to speak.
While what you are suggesting may be "fair," I think that we should try and not be as thin skinned and small minded as you're suggesting some of the "DIR zealots" are.

Why should you CARE if the DIR practicitioners want their own space where they can discuss how they dive without your constant trolling? If you allowed them to have those discussions ... free of your own anti-DIR bias ... they wouldn't NEED to keep you out.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I dont care in the least.They are welcome to their own forum.No problem with that.

I do object to being called a Farm Animal

The DIR/anti-DIR bar fight needs to go somewhere. Might as well be here.

Incidentally, I don't think this idea makes sense. I suspect if you look at it carefully, it is the people you object to, not DIR. DIR in of itself is has many practices that are common in any dive community. It would be incredibly difficult to determine whether a reply is a DIR reply or if it is a generic reply. As an example, if a DIR person recommends a backplate and wing, is that a DIR suggestion is that just a generic?

Is it just me? Or do others see the need for a DIR Practioner-Free-Forum? They've got their forum now, free from everyone else's opinions. But apparently, there's nothing for them to talk about. So, they come out trolling in the general population. Can we please, have a place to discuss the issues involved in diving and learning to dive that is free from their constant condescension and general disruptiveness?

Somebody is in a bad mood. I hope your day gets better.

It is Friday, hope you can take some time this weekend and dive--whatever style you wish. It is very relaxing you know whether you dive DIR, DORK, or some other new fangled way. Splash in and fin about--things will seem better.:)

Actually, I think it's the other way around. My impression has been that among those who have an opinion on the subject, the general tenor on SB seems to be decidedly anti-DIR. The whole reason why the DIR Practitioner's forum was created was due to the "constant condescension and general disruptiveness" of non-DIR "contributors" in the DIR forum.

All divers (including those who espouse DIR) have a right to their opinions (and let's face it, they are just opinions), and they all have just as much right to express them here as anyone else does. It's true that some DIR proponents do come across a little "holier than thou", but they certainly do not have a monopoly on rude or inconsiderate behavior. That's a "people" problem, which is not specific to DIR (or DIR divers). We could all probably benefit from a little more tolerance and humility.

Yep, we're all mean, just some are meaner than others.......GEAUX TIGERS...........

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom