DIR/F in MN?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kingpatzer

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Ok, any DIR/F classes available in or around the twin cities area?

I don't know if you have any local shop with an affiliation with GUE, but there is no GUE instructor in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area. The closest one, it looks to me, would be Dan Mackay in Ontario. If you're interested in the class, the best way is to find a couple of other people and bring the instructor in to give it.

He'll want you to get rid of the 95# bungied wing, though :)

For the last few years we have been sponsoring a DIR-F class at our store. This year we are planning to bring Dan Mackay back for a couple of GUE DIR-F courses, A scooter workshop and a GUE Tech 1 course. If you need more information you can PM me back.

Thanks for the heaps JW.

Jim Campos
MDC Sports
Rochester, MN

From one Minnesotian to another. It is not that hard to organize a class yourself. All you need is 2 other divers with money in hand, a shop that can provide 32%EAN, an o2 analyzer, a dive spot with 9-12 meters of water and a willing instructor to travel there. Also helps to have a LDS nearby that can supply stuff like bolt snaps and such. You may have to pay for the instructors expenses but with 3-4 people its not that bad.

I did it here in Taiwan with no problems and assume that it would be much easier in the States.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom