DIR Dry Suit Pockets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sandworm 40:
The option of cutting open a pocket with a stuck zipper which contains an item/items you MUST have makes sense.
And you are only kidding yourself if you think it does. Not only do you risk cutting into your drysuit but you also risk destroying or compromising the needed item. What good is a lift bag with a slice in it for example?

What makes sense is not using a pocket that can jam shut... use velcro instead.

A velcro closure pocket would eliminate the possiblility of a zipper jam. And I haven't posted in favor of the zipper over the velcro, but it appears some have assumed so. I agree that you run the risk of damaging items by cutting into the pocket. However, if you have a zippered pocket which is jammed closed and it contains an item you must gain access to, then I submit it is better to make the attempt, as carefully as possible, than to let the zipper defeat you.

Sandworm 40:
A velcro closure pocket would eliminate the possiblility of a zipper jam. And I haven't posted in favor of the zipper over the velcro, but it appears some have assumed so. I agree that you run the risk of damaging items by cutting into the pocket. However, if you have a zippered pocket which is jammed closed and it contains an item you must gain access to, then I submit it is better to make the attempt, as carefully as possible, than to let the zipper defeat you.

Just use velcro in the first place and then there is no issue!

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom