DIR diver in Texas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaAndDreams

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
So I made the mistake of asking this question in the Texas forum and got instantly pummeled. Looking for someone that has taken fundies, or NAUI Intro to Tech (if it was taught similar to fundies, you know who you are) in the Austin/Killeen area.

Thanks

There are a few DIR divers in Texas, but no many on this board. Mostly what you find in Texas are the DIMWIT divers. Check the swamp diver forum for a definition.

Sorry if Hue got offended in the swamp diver forum; the whole thread was deleted before I saw it. We're usually pretty quick to poke fun at each other.

I'm currently in Amarillo, TX (the armpit...). I'll be moving soon though. What specifically are you looking for?

I took NAUI Intro to Tech with Woody out at Scuba Toys. He is DIR about his ways and even though I don't agree with DIR 100%, he is very good. He is in Dallas, though.

I am actually looking to hook one of my past students up with a teammate/diver for a few dives...who practices/believes in the DIR approach to diving, and knows some basic things like what the basic 5 are etc.

By the way, it's not that I don't have a sense of humor but 3 pages worth of nothing but clowning around didn't really answer my question.

Thanks for all the feedback.

So I made the mistake of asking this question in the Texas forum and got instantly pummeled. Looking for someone that has taken fundies, or NAUI Intro to Tech (if it was taught similar to fundies, you know who you are) in the Austin/Killeen area.

Thanks

Send him to Florida HUE.

Thanks

Hi Hue,

I was looking for some info. Is your name really HUE? Or are you part of Hawaii Underwater Explorers?

I certainly would not have a problem showing you around and dive with you in the local area in Texas.

I have been diving since 1974, US Navy scuba diver early 80's, DM, SDI Solo cert ect.....2008 A lot of different kinds of diving experiences locally and 1/2 way around the world. Work dives, video productions and fun recreational diving.

No DIR, No TDI, no cave, no what I call virgin wreck penetrations training or experience. Last NAUI training I got was 1982 AOW.

I would only dive in my skill sets and seeing this thread do not feel I am qualified for your interests. But would dive with you in within my limits if you want sometime in Texas. No problem showing you or anyone the watering holes in Austin.

Hope you took nothing personal. Normally someone on the swamp forum would start talking and that provides info, and clears up misunderstandings.

I wish you all the best finding that specific diver your looking for.

Best regards,

Shawn O'Shea

I am in DFW area and fundamentals trained. I don't get down to Austin area very much but if your friend makes it a bit further north then shoot me a pm and we could schedule a few dives together.

Thanks

Thanks

Actually, had you asked the question as you did here you would have gotten a completely different response.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom