DIR diver in Texas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't live there but I have family just south of Austin and I will be there for a little over a week in October. Maybe sooner. You should have your buddy pm me so we can get together when I make it down there.

Hunter

ps -I only have fundies.

Thanks for all the replies. I'll send you guys PM's.

K-valve, thanks for your feedback it has been noted. If I came across as rude, I apologize that was not my intend...as a matter of fact the only part that could be misconstrued as such was the "getting cavern trained in Lake Travis comment"..which, while partly an attempt at humor. Obviously....failed.

Shawn, thanks I'll keep your offer in mind next time I come down to TX to visit my family I would love to go dive with you. No, my name is not HUE :) I am just part of it.

Sherman

Ummm...maybe that's because you took your usual rude, assinine approach and everyone chose NOT to answer. :lotsalove:

<snicker>

Thanks for all the replies. I'll send you guys PM's.

K-valve, thanks for your feedback it has been noted. If I came across as rude, I apologize that was not my intend...as a matter of fact the only part that could be misconstrued as such was the "getting cavern trained in Lake Travis comment"..which, while partly an attempt at humor. Obviously....failed.

Apology accepted. You nailed it...it was the cavern comment that got everyone going. Please accept my apology as well. Unfortunately, many of us have had to deal with the JeffGs of the world and have a less than positive outlook on the DIR philosophy. Fact is, I agree with 90% of it myself. If it weren't for JeffG and his George Irving wannabe buddies I'd probably have much more interest in the training.

If you make it over this way let us know. You may not want to dive with us, but we can at least show you around Austin one evening. It's a helluva fun town. :wink:

Well as everybody is making up.....................

HUE,

I'm not GUE trained (TDI Trimix and NACD Full Cave) but I can do a good DIR imitation if I try.

Drop me a line if you are looking for somebody to dive with.

I for one thing HUE needs to learn how to really dive, maybe a trip to Texas would do him good:D

I am in DFW area and fundamentals trained. I don't get down to Austin area very much but if your friend makes it a bit further north then shoot me a pm and we could schedule a few dives together.

Thanks

Just wondering, other than Travis, where do you guys dive in TX?

Just wondering, other than Travis, where do you guys dive in TX?

Correction, please. You guys do not dive in Texas, in Travis or anywhere. However, yall do. :wink:

I love my guys Shawn, K-Valve & Ian for making nice. I knew it was the "cavern dives in Travis" bit that set them off. You just don't walk into someone's backyard and start out by disrespecting. It's not the Texas way. Don't forget- we're usually a bunch of fun-loving, friendly cowboys, and we really like it that way. Respect is important to us. Give it and you'll receive it.

Some recommended Texas dive sites: Mammoth Lake & Twin Lakes(south of Houston); Blue Lagoon (north of Houston); Comal & San Marcos River (south of Austin); Aquarena Springs (s of Austin, special cert required); Balmorea (way out west) Possum Kingdom (w of Dallas); Clear Springs (e of Dallas); Tyler State Park (farther e of Dallas); Athens (SE of Dallas)- that's all I can think of right now, I'm sure I missed plenty of spots and I know some people have private honey holes. Then there's always the FLOWER GARDENS. :)

If it weren't for JeffG and his George Irving wannabe buddies I'd probably have much more interest in the training.
Don't worry. Its not for you anyways.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom