DIR compliant regulator?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ejones56

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm new to the board as well as DIR. With that said, please dont tear me to pieces if this has been asked before, I did run a search and didnt come up with anything useful (perhaps my search skills are lacking).

SO...in making my transition to DIR I was wondering if anyone could offer up some specific models for DIR compliant regulator's namely in the Scubapro manufacturing line, im kind of partial since I have been diving scubapro reg's for some time now. I want a rig for single tank diving in mostly warm waters. So after doing some reading, i'm under the impression that a balanced piston first stage and balanced primary second stage with an un-balanced backup might be the way to go. any input would be appreciated.

I think this link will help answer a lot of your questions, at least some of the more basic ones.

Equipment Configuration | Global Underwater Explorers

The secondary regulator is described as being "of good quality." Does this imply that it should be a standard second stage and not one designed for use as an Octo?

The secondary regulator is described as being "of good quality." Does this imply that it should be a standard second stage and not one designed for use as an Octo?

Your backup is the reg you're going to be on in an emergency. What would you like to be using?

I think that is a reasonable interpretation, but I would keep in mind that many of the higher end manufacturers use the same standard 2nd reg as their oct reg with coloring often being the only difference.

I would think that if the OP is serious about becoming a DIR/GUE trained diver that the best way to choose a specific piece of equipment would be to first choose a DIR/GUE instructor and then consult with them.

I would think that if the OP is serious about becoming a DIR/GUE trained diver that the best way to choose a specific piece of equipment would be to first choose a DIR/GUE instructor and then consult with them.

Its just a regulator.

Is ScubaPro "DIR"?

I don't know. Ask David Rhea.

I'm quite DIW with a lovely yellow USD "octo" as a backup 2nd on my single tank reg.

I had it already
it works fine
the longest I'll be breathing on it is about 5 mins

Be a big boy, make your own call.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom