DIR compliant doubles manifold

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

melfox26

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm in the process of doubling up my PST E7-100's.

Besides a Halcyon 300 bar manifold, which are back-ordered through next year, what other manufacturers would you guys recommend? I know that some manufacturers have hard plastic knobs on them that I should not buy.

Can you guys chime in on what brands to look for and what brands to stay away from? Thanks in advance.

Mel

Mods: I know this is a tank manifold question, but I'm looking for a DIR answer. If you feel compelled to move this thread, by all means. Thanks.

melfox26:
I'm in the process of doubling up my PST E7-100's.

Besides a Halcyon 300 bar manifold, which are back-ordered through next year, what other manufacturers would you guys recommend? I know that some manufacturers have hard plastic knobs on them that I should not buy.

Can you guys chime in on what brands to look for and what brands to stay away from? Thanks in advance.

Mel

Mods: I know this is a tank manifold question, but I'm looking for a DIR answer. If you feel compelled to move this thread, by all means. Thanks.

I have not purchased a manifold in a long time. The primary advantage of the Halcyon one is you don't have to change anything. The OMS design is really the only one I am aware of that you need to stay away from. Basically, all of the others (two o-ring barrel design) can be corrected by changing out the stem, spring and handwheel and doubling up the burst disk or replacing it with a copper shim. Hopefully, someone more familiar with what is currently out there can give you more specific manufacturers.

Sea Elite is another good manufacturer...and inexpensive, too.

Basically, you want a double-barrel oring (*not* face-sealing orings like some Thermo manifolds) with soft rubber knobs.

This is a really good question. I wouldn't have guessed that some manifolds are inferior to others.

Randy43068:
This is a really good question. I wouldn't have guessed that some manifolds are inferior to others.
The difference is usually in the type of O-ring seal (barrel vs Facing) and knob material (rubber vs plastic)

wb416:
It's called the learning process Randy! :peepwalla

You're embarking on a brave new world... hang on and enjoy the ride! :D

bob
You're right! I'm lovin' every minute of it. I feel like a sponge. Ya know, I thought I knew a little something about diving. Boy was I wrong! I'm not kidding.

Hope I get the opportunityto dive with you again, soon!!

I second the Sea Elite.

Sea elite, dive rite, thermo, all basicaly the same. The big diffrence is number of turns to open the valves, and availability of the manifold with the right handweels.

I like Thermos better than Halcyon (I own both). My Thermo has the barrel o-rings and came with rubber knobs.

The big difference is that the Thermo valves turn much easier than the Halcyon. In addition, the knobs are a bit bigger, which makes it a bit easier to grab them during a valve drill or flow check.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom