DIR Approved Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Plus, no purge valve.

Also if possible avoid little pivot thingines where the strap attaches to the mask. Though I dive one with pivot thingies (Tusa Platina) because it's the best fitting mask I've ever stumbled upon.

I like a black mask skirt too. I think it keeps distractions down.

Roak

roakey once bubbled...
Plus, no purge valve.

Also if possible avoid little pivot thingines where the strap attaches to the mask. Though I dive one with pivot thingies (Tusa Platina) because it's the best fitting mask I've ever stumbled upon.

I like a black mask skirt too. I think it keeps distractions down.

Roak

Hey Roak, That's the mask I have and it's also the best fitting mask I've ever found! I've got a Tusa Spendive II that I use as a backup that also fits very nicely.

"As far a your motto it appears you havent practiced proper firearm safety and shot yourself in the foot"

Never... been classified as an expert marksman in a former life, would never happen... (LOL) pretty funny though...

I do like black skirted masks as well, for the reasons CAve Diver pointed out. I also use a low volume mask also... AND i did read something about masks in JJ's book and you're right, it doesnt say anything about a particular brand or that you should have a black skirt, However, all the pics of JJ are with him wearing a (i think) sporasub or omersub mask (or is it the Halcyon mask?) with a black skirt, and then in the mask section, they have a pic of a scubapro frameless mask, with a black skirt.... Just a little innocent gentle marketing. ANyways, i didnt mean to come off as harsh as i did, i need to be more gentle with the DIR fellas... SOrry boys and girls...

WYDT,
How come the neoprene slap strap?

I just bought an Oceanic Shadow, frameless, black
I am REALLY impressed with it.
But thats mainly because it fits me Very well.

That's what I wanted to know... Not because I want to get into DIR, nor I like their (mostly) one way mind...
But, in the other side, they have some good advices on most gear, and I'm looking to try a new mask (have 3 already) just to get a better fitting one...
BTW, what is the model of that ScubaPro frameless mask you guys are talking about?

How about split windows? Is there a problem with a single lense?

I have been considering the frameless SP. I really don't like the clear Acqua Lung that I have.

Aquamaniac once bubbled...
I just bought an Oceanic Shadow, frameless, black
I am REALLY impressed with it.
But thats mainly because it fits me Very well.

Except I bought the mini because it fits me better. I originally bought it for my backup to keep in my left bellows pocket, but I think I might buy another one because I like it so much.

Thats just what its called... Frameless mask... Thats the model... Cool mask, I have one, the only problem is my nose is too small, and I cant pinch my nose off to clear my ears very well in that mask. It also doesnt fit me that well. I like the Zero 9 from Mares. I also have a Tusa Liberator, very nice mask... The Oceanic X-site is a nice small mask too...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom