DIR Approved Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aquamaniac once bubbled...
I just bought an Oceanic Shadow, frameless, black
I am REALLY impressed with it.
But thats mainly because it fits me Very well.

I just bought an Oceanic Shadow as well. I wasn't sold on the fit while in the shop, so off to the pool I went. I tried on a Cressi-Sub and the Shadow. A dificult choice, but the Shadow prevailed.

Pez

Thanks for the explanations. Looks like there's at least one item where Halcyon is cheaper than other brands...

I'm not clear on the neoprene strap. Do you use it in lieu of the regular strap or do you add it to it? Both types seem to be available. Has anyone a picture showing their favorite one?

boomx5 once bubbled...
That was me looking like a complete goof on the video. You looked alot more slick.:wink:
Nahh... that was just the sexy blue TLS and TX100... rule #6 ya know.

BTW: I modded my backup, stage reg, and my buddy's TX40 so they are now all adjustable. Parts cost me about $35+tax at the LDS.

Arnaud once bubbled...
<snip>
I'm not clear on the neoprene strap. Do you use it in lieu of the regular strap or do you add it to it? Both types seem to be available. Has anyone a picture showing their favorite one?

In Lieu of. In GI3 view they are almost indestructible. But I don't have a picture of it. (They look the same as "normal" mask straps)

Thanks Jeff. Long time!

I use the Halcyon mask, and yes I must admit I purchased it initially because it was DIR approved and recommended by many excellent divers.

Honestly, I love the way it fits, feels and I am extremely happy with it.

With most things I am EXTREMELY strict on the standards and that ALL gear is DIR approved and configured, but in the issue of masks, I think if you get:

low volume
very high quality silicone
no pins on the swivels/strap adjustment points you are good to go

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom