Dipping my toes in the water.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SaraR

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi Everyone

I've just joined the board so thought I would say hello! I am a pretty new diver - took my PADI Open Water in Cairns 18 months ago but haven't had the chance to do any diving since. I have just booked myself onto a LiveAboard out of the Bahamas in October so have been checking out the forums for info and advice.

Really looking forward to more regular diving and learning from people who've 'been there and done it'!

Sara

Welcome to SB SaraR! I agree with Redshift, you will want to get some diving in before you go on your trip so that you are more comfortable in the water!

Thanks guys, I am definitely trying to get some more dives in before my trip in October but work travel is making that a challenge. As an absolute minimum I'm going to do a SCUBA Review to brush up on the key points.....

I did the Open Water part of my certification as part of a Liveaboard so I am not a complete virgin! As well as the dives needed to pass the course I also did an extra 5 dives - not loads I know but at least a few without an instructor. This included a night dive which was an 'interesting' experience, but my favourite was an early morning, just as everything is waking up, dive :)

I'm terrified to do a night dive lol I'm more afraid my mind is going to trick me lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Sara;
howdy and welcome from south Florida USA....

Welcome to SB!

Which Bahamas boat will you be diving with? My buddy and I did Carib Dancer two years ago and loved it!

Ray

Hi Ray, thanks for the welcome. I'm joining the Aqua Cat for their trip out the last week of October :) Seriously looking forward to a week in the sunshine, it's not been a great summer over here in Denmark!

Hi SaraR,

I'll echo what the others have said to do what you can to build your experience between now and the trip. Live aboard diving need not be challenging diving but anything you can do to build your routine, skill and comfort will enhance your safety and what you can milk from this investment. Having only certification dives 18 months previous some short of pre-trip refresher activity (formal or mentored) is a good idea, even if it's pool time. If you happen to be traveling with a more seasoned dive buddy that will be a huge plus.

Have a great time.

Pete

I made a trip on the AquaCat. That is a great boat! Plenty of room and very comfortable. The food was good and plentiful. You will have a great time. I am still at a point that diving is the most fun you can have wearing neoprene and breathing underwater.

21 dives for the week. Great fun.

Enjoy!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom