Din vs. Yoke

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike,

While we do not offer our regulators in Din out of the box, we do offer din adapters to convert all of our regulators.

Best,

I recently installed a DIN adapter on my reg. the only problem is that i find that the first stage now wiggles on the tank and that it does not fit well on the tank but it does not come out.

does it mean when dealers offer DIN version it is post manufacture conversion?
what versions of DIN adapters are disposable (232-300 bar) and do they fit for all MR22?

It is possible outside of N. America that we offer regulators set up from manufacturing in a din configuration. This is something to ask your local dealer. If you are looking to convert from yoke to din on an abyss 22 you will need #416805 din adapter. This is compatible with our 42, 32, and 22 first stages. It is rated to 300bar.

Hope this helps.

Mares does market two different regs outside of N. America. The factory merely assembles the DIN 300bar connector rather than the yoke. Personally, I use DIN on all of my own personal regs. The DIN system is superior in several respects to the yoke fitting. When using the 300bar DIN connection, it works with both 200 and 300bar valves. You can also put a DIN/yoke converter onto the reg as needed.

Greg Barlow
Former Science Editor for Rodale's Scuba Diving Magazine

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom