din vs yoke on sling

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Joe R.

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I recently purchased din conversion kits for my regs. I have experienced O ring failures and since I appreciate dir's many safety points and know it works, I have to ask what may seem like a silly question. How about Yokes on the sling packs. Is it dir? Do I have to change the tank valve too?

Joe,

Oring failure is due to poor maintenance. The Oring is either bad or excessive pressure forces it out due to HP fills (not appropriate with K valves). Based your decission on that first, DIR second.
DIN is a better connection IMO.

Your stage/deco bottles should be DIN too so in an emergency, you can move regulators around (yes underwater, and only in an emergency).
Joe R.:
How about Yokes on the sling packs. Is it dir? Do I have to change the tank valve too?
Versus what, having DIN regulators and yoke valves which wouldn't be very helpful?

I guess I don't understand the question...

Roak

Ps. It's perfectly acceptable to move towards DIR. You don't have to give all your equipment the boot overnight.

That sounds familiar! Now to get another valve. I have had several failures, during a dir tek I course. The instructors were baffled. It was not, due to any maintenance failure or older O rings. I think now it may have been a combination of heat (August90+) and moving doubles around during the class walk throughs. [I thought it was 'boats that were holes in the water into which one pours money' Must be anything that goes in the water...]Thanks for the reminder.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom