DIN vs Yoke in SE Asia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CJ Bill

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Quick question for you regular divers in Malaysia and Indonesia... when renting tanks what fittings are more common, DIN or yoke (a.k.a. "A clamp")?

I'm just upgrading my regs before setting out to the area for a few weeks divng and I'm wondering which to get. DIN is better but will there be tanks out there for it, that's the question!

In my diving throughout Asia I have seen very few DIN tanks. Most places use yoke connections. I use a Dive Rite reg with a DIN to yoke adaptor so can use either tanks, changing from DIN to yoke doesn't even require tools.

Hi Bill,
"YOKE" fitting are more common in Malaysia and Indonesia. "DIN" only for tech dive...
If you have DIN setting just bring your YOKE adaptor for necessary...:D
CJ Bill:
Quick question for you regular divers in Malaysia and Indonesia... when renting tanks what fittings are more common, DIN or yoke (a.k.a. "A clamp")?

I'm just upgrading my regs before setting out to the area for a few weeks divng and I'm wondering which to get. DIN is better but will there be tanks out there for it, that's the question!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom