din valve specifications.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefstation

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
greetings !
new member here.

lets get started right away...............
questions;

1). the din valve;
are there different thread sizes for the din valve ...... ?
such as..... 3/4" & 7/8" inch threads ?

2). are the bar of 200 - 300 for both 3/4" & 7/8" thread sizes ..... ?

3). are the 7/8" din valves beefier than the 3/4" din valves , if so why ?

4). does anyone have the specifications of the exact thread sizes for the 3/4" & the 7/8" din valve ?

thats about it for now...... not to bad for starters ~! what do you think ?

Well, welcome to the board. I think that the normal default font is fine for normal conversation. When you say exact, do you really need exact? For what. When you say DIN, do you mean the regulator port of the neck threads?

First, the DIN threads of a valve are standard, G5/8 European threads. 300 bar are 7 threads deep, 200 bar are 5 threads deep.

The threads that go into te cylinder are not effected by pressure. 7/8 threads are only found on PST cylinders, and the only valves I know of to fit them are Genesis and OMS valves. There may be others, I'm not sure. The thread size is .875-14 UNF, or 7/8 national fine straight thread. The 3/4" thread is really 0.750-14 NPS. The answers to these questions and more may be found with a simple google search for "Scuba Cylinder Neck Threads and following this link: More than you ever wanted to know about how regulators attach to valves and valves go into cylinders.

Happy reading.

edit: Beat by a pulled finger :D

actually what i was looking for is the tap size for the threads that the regulator line hooks in to.....
are all the din valves a standard size for the `LINE IN ?

Regulator line hooks in to......? I don't understand your terminology. Are you trying to screw a DIN Regulator into something? If so, it is G25 European thread. Tobin George at Deep Sea Supply makes a fitting to adapt female DIN to 1/4 NPS. He is on the board at cool_hardware52.

This link gives you exactly the measurements. I'm not a machinist, I have no idea what it means.

ahhhhhhhhhh

we did`nt get of quite correctly after all.............my fault.

o k here it is........ the thread plug that you have all seen at the dive shop store or on ebay...... the one that you can thread into the din valve to seal it up when not in use......( not the thread that threads into the tank its self) the line or plug thread) ......that is what i want to know the exact thread size of.

very important..... i need to buy the correct tap to fix a ruined din valve with.......that is my goal.

sorry `bout that !

ahhhhhhhhhh

we did`nt get of quite correctly after all.............my fault.

o k here it is........ the thread plug that you have all seen at the dive shop store or on ebay...... the one that you can thread into the din valve to seal it up when not in use......( not the thread that threads into the tank its self) the line or plug thread) ......that is what i want to know the exact thread size of.

very important..... i need to buy the correct tap to fix a ruined din valve with.......that is my goal.

sorry `bout that !
Ahhhh. I'm pretty sure it is a machine thread, not a thread you can buy a tap for. It must be cut on a mill/lathe. New valves are only 50 bucks or so, way cheaper than a tap that size even if you could find one. Check on eBay for a new valve.

Ok, sorry, can't help then.

you are in key west...........

i lived with mel, deo,kane & taffy fisher when they lived on houseboat row.......

i remember when i could walk into sloppys and be the ONLY person in the place.....mid-day......this was in `80 !

i also worked for the cadillac, chevy dealer for a long time......the one on roosevelt blvd.

i`m sure the threads are standard size.

how is the water today ?

is it clear ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom