DIN Valve for aluminium tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I live in The Netherlands (Europe) and I've just bought a Catalina 80cuf aluminium tank with a yoke valve. I'd like to put a DIN valve on it but I have no idea which thread the tank has.

Does anyone has an idea how I can see which DIN valve I need to order?

thanx,
Niels

The tank should have 3/4 - 14 NPSM threading.

The Japanese made "Thermo" valve is sold in the US with 0.750 National Pipe Straight thread. (don't ask). Just make sure that your DIN valve, of whatever brand, is produced for the US market and has the LARGE 3/4 NPS thread and not the SMALL 7/8 UNF thread which is also widely available in the USA. As Luis said, the correct LARGE thread neck will look very similar to 25 mm but is actually slightly larger.

Oke, thanx for you replay :)

Is the DIN thread (where you connect your first stage) universal in the US and europe/asia? In other words: will every DIN valve with the correct tank thread fit for me?

Oke, thanx for you replay :)

Is the DIN thread (where you connect your first stage) universal in the US and europe/asia? In other words: will every DIN valve with the correct tank thread fit for me?

Yes, all the DIN connections meet the same standard.
You do have to be aware if you have a 200 bar or 300 bar DIN.

Again there is a lot more detail information about regulator fitting in this thread:
Valves, Regulator Fittings, Cylinder Neck Openings -- More than you wanted to know

Back
Top Bottom