DIN to Yoke valve converter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

anchochile

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Simple question: is this converter what I would need to use my yoke regulator (Sherwood Magnum) on a HP100 tank w/ DIN valve? My buddy dives HP100s and I'm hoping to try out one of his tanks on an upcoming dive.

if it's a 200bar tank, then yes, if it's a 300 bar tank then no.
If it's a 300bar tank, you need one of these
DGX Premium DIN Fill Adapter
that said, you shouldn't use these for diving. They are really obnoxious. Not saying I haven't done it in a pinch, but it's not a great idea. Just ask to use his regulators

if it's a 200bar tank, then yes, if it's a 300 bar tank then no.

Thanks for the info.

Do I understand correctly that some HP100 tanks are 300bar and some are 200bar? Even if they're all rated to 3442 PSI? How would I tell the difference?

that said, you shouldn't use these for diving. They are really obnoxious.

Do you mean I shouldn't use the 300 bar converter, or that both types (200 and 300bar) are better avoided?

a 300 bar din valve will have a deeper inset such that when you screw in the donut adapter, the adapter won't be long enough to be flush with the valve face. there also won't be a yoke dimple on the back of the valve and the valve is fatter such that you will have a hard time getting it to fit inside the reg yoke if it will fit at all.

most people with a 3442 psi tank will have a 200 bar convertible valve and not a true 300 bar valve. you usually only see the 300 bar valves with the older 3500 psi 7/8 neck pst/us divers/genesis/sherwood hp tanks.

tbone means the din fill adapter is not intended for use underwater. for a 300 bar din valve, you should use a 300 bar din regulator.

Thanks for the info.

Do I understand correctly that some HP100 tanks are 300bar and some are 200bar? Even if they're all rated to 3442 PSI? How would I tell the difference?

Do you mean I shouldn't use the 300 bar converter, or that both types (200 and 300bar) are better avoided?

200bar valves have 5 threads, 300 bar have 7. Pretty much all regulators are 300bar so they can work with both valves. 200bar valves came out so they could accept the yoke insert and be used with either yoke or din regs. Ask your buddy if he knows if they are 200 or 300 bar. If they're 200 bar they came with the inserts when he bought them

Thanks, everyone - very helpful. I'll ask him if the valves are 200 or 300 bar. My 1st stage is technically rated to 232 bar (3365psi) but I'm guessing that it's ok to take it slightly above that to 3442psi, assuming the valve is compatible?

He may have a valve insert to convert his valves. Many valves are sold that way and the end user is expected to remove the insert if they want a DIN valve.

DGX Insert 200-BAR DIN to Yoke

I presume there's a 300 bar jobbie as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom