Din to Yoke adapter. What is the best?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Waldecy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi,

I am going to buy an Apeks XTX100 regulador DIN. Sometimes I dive with yoke tanks so I need to buy an adapter. I found converters from Trident US$34, XSScuba US$39.95, DiveRite US$44, Zeagle US$48, Atomic US$ 75, Apeks US$90 and Poseidon US$ 92.95.

The inicial idea was to buy the cheap because it is just a converter but I found an opinion of someone that have both(trident and poseidon):
"I have both the Poseidon adapter and the one made by Trident. What a difference. The Trident never gave a tight fit and allowed air to escape from between the adapter and my regulator. Not so with the Poseidon. It is obviously constructed better and does not leak. A "must have" for people with DIN regs. "

Is Poseidon the best? What other brands are recommended?

I don't have a recommendation but I have the same concern.
I have a Scubapro DIN 1st stage and would like to get an adapter for the yoke k-valves.
They seem to run from $40-$90 and of course the Scubapro is at the high end.
I don't want to spend $40 only to find that it leaks but I also don't want to spend $90 and have the same problem.

I can't speak for the other brands, but I have several Dive Rite din to yoke adapters that came with my regs. They work just fine with no leaks on most tanks. I have run across a few leak problems with well used rental tanks in the Caribbean, but usually changing the o-ring on the tank solves the problem.

I use a Dive Rite and many of my staff has used an XS Scuba and they work just fine a $90 DIN to Yoke adapter you got to be kidding me.

Mine happen to be from Atomic and they work fine. That said I also have the full kit so I can convert my regs to yoke and not have the extra length when I use the DIN-Yoke adapter.

Any decently made adapter should work fine though.

That said I also have the full kit so I can convert my regs to yoke and not have the extra length when I use the DIN-Yoke adapter.

How difficult would it be to change out the DIN to yoke and back again?
I just happen to have a spare yoke.

a689088a-4d86-5fce.jpg

a689088a-4dc4-bf9f.jpg

I have the $39 Dive Rite one... it works great
I have the $39 XS Scuba one, it works great

paying $90 just so it says "Apeks, Posideum, or Atomics" is just crazy and is nothing but paying for the name.

most all of these are made in the same factories by an OEM. It's not like ScubaPro, Apeks, etc has a factory that makes these. They farm these jobs out.

EDIT: btw.. here's a pic of the Dive Rite and XS Scuba ones I took for someone else. they are pretty much the same

pic in spoiler just because it's oversized and messes with thread.

DIN-Yoke-convertors.jpg

Mines are eBay specials for about 10 bucks a piece on the average, and all work OK. The mating surfaces are recessed, so, unless someone used a crawbar, there should be no problem at all.

You will spend more time getting the tools out than swapping over. The key is having a very large adjustable wrench or the proper tool for the job, to install the yoke fitting.

That is what I do when I want to go warm water diving. Unfortunately I rarely get to perform the swap :(

It is not difficult but it does require some tools like a special yoke nut socket, a vise, and a torque wrench.

The easiest solution it to attach that spare yoke to a spare regulator (definitely the best way to mitigate regulator problems).

Back
Top Bottom