DIN first stage dust caps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fourseventeen

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
got the conversions today for my mk25 to swap from yoke to din. I need DIN dust caps for the 1st stage. Anyone have 1 or 2 of these laying around they wouldnt mind selling cheap? :D

I use the stainless DIN inserts from XS Scuba , OMS, Highland etc.. About $18-$15/ea. new.

They come with an Oring in the end.

They serve 2 purposes - one to keep junk out (just like the plastics ones) but also to keep the gas in the tank if the valve gets bumped open during transport.

Once the valve get cracked even a little you will need a wrench to unscrew these puppies but your $15 Nitrox fill is still in the tank and your dive is saved.

The cheap plastics won't hold the high pressure - they just keep junk out.

Looking for the ones to cover the first stage not the tank. I have the standard cheepo dust caps for the tank though I do like the idea of the screw in din covers for the tank too.

What I need is the dust caps for the first stage my local dive shop wanted 15.00 a piece for plastic caps! Thought that was a little nuts. Found them on LP cheap but then they want 11.00 to ship them! Only costs 2 bucks to toss them in a padded envelope lol.

Give the guys at Piranha a shout. They'll throw them in an envelope for you and charge you actual shipping costs instead of that inflated S&H crap.

HOWEVER. I suggest the AL ones from Pirinah. They are only shown in gold on the website but they have blue and black as well. I have gotten several and they are very nice. Scuba Toys has them as well.

I may be missing something here, but why dont you use the dust cap that came with the MK25 yoke set up ?

All you need to do is remove the little plastic insert in the existing dust cap, and you are good to go.

Jim breslin

Yoke and DIN dust caps are different

I suggest the AL ones from Piranha

They're not watertight, there's a hole in the end where the string goes through

Thx ill check out the ones from Piranha..sounds like the spot to go for these. Thanks guys.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom