DIN Conversion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Finding the conversion kits (MK-10) and the adapters (AL) may be a bit difficult and no doubt expensive. Plus it then requires you to restore or buy more adapters if you travel with your regs. Why not take the alternative approch and replace the valves with yoke or yoke convertable valves? You did not say what the rated pressure of the tanks are but unless they are 4K (good luck getting them filled) there is no reason not to use modern yoke regs, any of them will easily handle 3500 psi.

Herman, where was this post 2 weeks ago?! :D I found the conversion kits at LeisurePro, both delivered for about $110. Of course I promptly found afterward that I have a conshelf 12 yoke that is rated at 4000 psi (my SP is rated at 3000) so I'm thinking I'll probably buy some DIN to yoke adapters anyway. I had incorrectly assumed the conshelf was also rated to 3000.

In any case, now I'll have both options available to me, though the conshelf doesn't have enough LP ports to use with my dry suit unless I add an adapter on one of the LP ports. Looking forward to diving it and seeing how it compares to the Mk10/G250.

I have an Aqualung Legend LX Supreme to convert from yoke to DIN. Will any universal converter will do or I will need to buy the same specific model converter from Aqualung?

v.saint

I have an Aqualung Legend LX Supreme to convert from yoke to DIN. Will any universal converter will do or I will need to buy the same specific model converter from Aqualung?

v.saint

Assuming you're talking your 1st stage, there are no adaptors that I'm aware of that will convert yoke to DIN only the other way i.e DIN to yoke in which case you should be able to use a genetic adaptor. I use one on my APEKS. If you want to covert your yoke reg to DIN you'll need factory parts which will no doubt cost a small fortune.

Apologies for not clarifying that. I want to convert Aqualung Legend LX Supreme Yoke 1st stage to DIN and use it along with Apeks GST DIN 1st stage for a upcoming tech training in side mount.

Leisure pro has two, one it clearly says is for Titan regulator and the other one doesn't say for which model it is. The price difference between them is $50 approx. Thats why the question.

ha7e3una.jpg

ery8uba5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! Really appreciate it!

...unless they are 4K (good luck getting them filled) there is no reason not to use modern yoke regs, any of them will easily handle 3500 psi.

I recently started using high pressure tanks with my yoke regs, and I noticed that shortly after turning on my tank there would be momentary spurts of air coming out around the yoke. Didn't much care for that. My regs are DIN now.

I changed all mine and my wife's to DIN. We were going tech as well, but I also found occasional leaks as well as hire tanks always having crap O rings thus losing air constantly. With DIN I maintain my O rings to perfection thus never an issue. I use polyurethane O rings which are quite hardy in any regard. I do not regret making the change. I also take a couple of converters if diving rec gear just in case but to date never had an issue obtaining DIN tanks. I know if you are in USA there are reasons for Yoke, but for the rest of the world it would appear DIN is the way to go.

Thanks! Really appreciate it!

OK I did some checking, if it's for a Titan LX it's the same as the Legend but if it's for current Titan i.e 2010> then it's different (different part numbers) and looks like you'll need the more expensive one. I'll assume the one Leisure Pro is selling is for "current" Titan. Always the way.

---------- Post added April 29th, 2014 at 06:28 AM ----------

I changed all mine and my wife's to DIN. We were going tech as well, but I also found occasional leaks as well as hire tanks always having crap O rings thus losing air constantly. With DIN I maintain my O rings to perfection thus never an issue. I use polyurethane O rings which are quite hardy in any regard. I do not regret making the change. I also take a couple of converters if diving rec gear just in case but to date never had an issue obtaining DIN tanks. I know if you are in USA there are reasons for Yoke, but for the rest of the world it would appear DIN is the way to go.

That has not been my experience in Thailand, Japan, Indonesia or NZ, Yoke tanks have definitely been the norm.

The more expensive option you show is for a Legend with ACD. That's why it is more expensive with more parts. Maybe try a post in the Regulator section? May get some of the SB techies involved.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom