DIN + 5' hose conversion of the Delta4/FDX10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

O.M.O.H.

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a two fairly simple questions about Oceanic Delta IV FDX-10 Regulator..

1. My 1st stage version is a yoke but i am wondering what would it take to convert the FDX10 to DIN. Will it defeat the DVT?

2. Can the second stage accomodate the longer hose, let say 5 feet? I am concerned whether or not a longer hose will be compatible with the swivel.

Thanks in adavance.

Oceanic just released Tuesday the Delta 4 reg in Din with DVT. I was just on the phone with a Oceanic dealer this week and he said that the after markert din in DVT is not yet available, but he said it's only a matter of time before they release it. I would wait until the DVT kit is available.

I know you can order a 5 foot or 7 foot hose from Oceanic but it will cost you a few bucks. Last I heard the 7 foot hose was $79. You can buy an adapter so that the Delta 4 will fit on the 5 foot hose for about $10-$20. I know a few people with the 5 foot hose and they all say you don't need the swivel with the long hose.

I'm all most in your shoes. I'm thinking about get the reg in yoke and later getting the din kit. I want a full size octo and I don't know which one I want. I would like to have both 2nd stages Oceanic.

How do you like the reg and your octo?

Thanks for the info!
I put quite a few dives on my Delta 4 and i love it, one thing to watch out for is inhalation effort knob. Meaning not to overadjust it, because the reg start to freeflow just a bit (more like a hiss) at shallow depth. I normally do not touch it and keep all the way down, until about 18 feet or so, then set it to the level i like and just keep it there, it really does maintan the same inhalation effort. To preven freeflows, i keep the predive slide switch (ventury on top of the reg) in the middle at all times.
For octo i use Alpha 8 octopus, and it breathes about the same as my Delta 4.

O.M.O.H.:
2. Can the second stage accomodate the longer hose, let say 5 feet? I am concerned whether or not a longer hose will be compatible with the swivel.

Thanks in adavance.

I own a Delta 4 and had a 7' hose added.

When asking for advise at LDS regarding my TEC certification further down the line, the TEC instructor suggested "not" to install the swivel if I wanted to do TEC diving.

The 7' hose addition when keeping the swivel requires an additional o'ring between the hose adapter and the swivel itself, making that additional o'ring an additional potential part that could become defective.

I found that diving with the 7' hose properly routed has actually less '"pull effect" on the reg than the 3' hose .

Will anyone from Oceanic answer this? Pretty please..

See the following thread for more information on the Delta 4, swivel and long hoses: http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=162483&highlight=delta+4+swivel+long+hose

Quick answers to your specific questions:

O.M.O.H.:
1. My 1st stage version is a yoke but i am wondering what would it take to convert the FDX10 to DIN. Will it defeat the DVT?

DIN DVT has not been released for production. A DIN conversion kit is readily available through Authorized Dealers - but will not include DVT at this point.

O.M.O.H.:

We have 5 and 7 foot swivel hoses available with the Delta 4 swivel fitting - an easy switch. The thread above discusses other options, including removing the swivel to add any LP hose.

You are the man, thanks!

See the following thread for more information on the Delta 4, swivel and long hoses: Using The DELTA 4/ FDX10 in Tech./with a Long Hose/Short Hose - ScubaBoard

Quick answers to your specific questions:

DIN DVT has not been released for production. A DIN conversion kit is readily available through Authorized Dealers - but will not include DVT at this point.

We have 5 and 7 foot swivel hoses available with the Delta 4 swivel fitting - an easy switch. The thread above discusses other options, including removing the swivel to add any LP hose.

I just bought a Delta 4 and also would like to switch out the hose. Where can one obtain an adapter that will allow the Delta 4 attach to a standard hose? I plan on using a Miflex hose for it.
Thanks,
Bob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom