DIN 200/300 Thread Specifications?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive Doctor

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone know the thread dimensions for the DIN 200 and 300 standards?

I measure it at 14 pitch, but it seems larger diameter than the NF 7/8" thread. I'd expect it to be metric, but it is close, but not exactly 1.75 mm pitch. Perhaps it's _very_ non-standard?

Thanks,
Joe

From the archives of The Deco Stop:
Din thread is 5/8 - 14 BSP (British Standard Pipe)
Actual thread size is 22.911mm
14 threads per inch pitch equals 1.814mm pitch..

Tom Winters:
From the archives of The Deco Stop:
Din thread is 5/8 - 14 BSP (British Standard Pipe)
Actual thread size is 22.911mm
14 threads per inch pitch equals 1.814mm pitch..

Also the thread angle is different. Standard US threads are a 60 deg angle. The BSP is 55 deg. Also are you talking tank neck thread or reg thread? It would make a difference. The above is for regs. The tank thread is actually a 25mm/2 for the LP tanks. I'm not sure what the size is for the HP tanks.

Thanks for the leads guys. I was talking about the DIN regulator threads, not the tank neck (that's easy). Want to make some plugs and dust covers and hate threading on the lathe.

It appears the thread is 5/8"x14 British Standard Pipe Parallel (not to be confused with a tapered thread like the common US pipe threads. I've found the standard called both "BSPP" and "BSPF". DC, you're right, it is a 55 deg angle.

McMaster does not carry that size, nor does Enco or MSC (2 big suppliers I use). I finally found a US supplier that had them at a reasonable price (tap and die for $40 total).

Thanks,
DD

Dive Doctor:
Thanks for the leads guys. I was talking about the DIN regulator threads, not the tank neck (that's easy). Want to make some plugs and dust covers and hate threading on the lathe.

It appears the thread is 5/8"x14 British Standard Pipe Parallel (not to be confused with a tapered thread like the common US pipe threads. I've found the standard called both "BSPP" and "BSPF". DC, you're right, it is a 55 deg angle.

McMaster does not carry that size, nor does Enco or MSC (2 big suppliers I use). I finally found a US supplier that had them at a reasonable price (tap and die for $40 total).

Thanks,
DD

DD,
Where did you find the tap and die? I was having some shipped from the UK. (cost more than the tap itself).

I have heard about "whitworth" threads as well. is this the same as the BSP standard?

anyone ever find that US source for tap/die on the cheap?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom