Digital Underwater Photographer Club Meeting In Raleigh

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

herman

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
A group of local divers here in the Raleigh area have formed a digital underwater photographers group. The purpose is to share ideas and help each other learn UW digital photography. For the time being, we are being hosted by Gypsy Divers but the club is open to all, visitors are always welcome. Our next meeting will be next Wed Jan 26 at 7pm. The basic format of the meeting will be to do a dive in the Gypsy pool, taking pictures of it's "reef" and then review the pictures in a classroom. Anyone who would like to attend, come on. If you have a digital camera, bring it (and any cables needed to hook it to a PC) and your dive gear (tanks provided). If you don't have a camera but want to learn about UW digital photography you are welcome too. If anyone would like more info, directions or whatever, PM me.

I just got back from the postponed meeting. GREAT!! . I really loved the artificial reef they put in the pool to practise on. It really helped. I learned a lot. One thing I learned.........Herman was the one who beat me to that Inon strobe <grumble grumble>. Remember, Herman, paybacks are hell!!
Feb meeting will be on a Sunday with pool session, and discussions afterwards. HMMM...I'll have to discuss losing that Inon.....Hey Herman, I wonder if they'll let me wear a KNIFE in the pool...........LOL!

Glad you all had fun. I had wanted to attened, obviously for the first planned night no one was going anywhere, at least not very fast (I am sure you remember what fun we had with our snow that Wednesday). I grew up in Los Angeles, so I am no stranger to traffic, but that mess was the worst thing I have ever seen in my entire life.

I had other plans and could not make the one last night, guess I will see when the next Sunday one is scheduled.

LBD

It was a good meeting and a lot of fun. I will post here on the board when then the next meeting is as soon as I hear.

Allison, at least I let you touch MY strobe....besides I showed you a neet fearure of your camera.:)
knife...now where did is see those Glock SS spring kits...

herman:
It was a good meeting and a lot of fun. I will post here on the board when then the next meeting is as soon as I hear.

Allison, at least I let you touch MY strobe....besides I showed you a neet fearure of your camera.:)
knife...now where did is see those Glock SS spring kits...

OHHH!!!! Was that your STROBE?! I thought.........

Hmmm I guess I'll have to switch my knife with the ole AR15.

Hummm... an UW 3 gun...that may be fun, but I don't think Dave would like the pasties clogging up the pool filter.

Jason-The strobe is working fine. I had to make an adapter for the fiber, no body seemed to want to sell me just the parts I needed. It was easy to make anyway. Now if I can figure out how to use it.

Allison- The strobe came with the fiber but it had an adapter for a different camera so I took it apart and made one.
You will need the W5 kit http://inonamerica.com/products.php?product_id=144&pagenum=3&prodcat=4&subcat=1
Here is a list of dealers off the Inon web site http://inonamerica.com/howtobuy.php

Back
Top Bottom