digicam/housing/strobe combo advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi all,

You can get a C4040 housing from B & H Photo Video Inc in New York for 479.95 USD plus $12 USD shipping to most of US.

The C4040 is available for as little as 550 USD online, just do a comparison search at bizrate.com and you can find the online suppliers.

The only problem with the major online suppliers is that they baulk at international credit card purchasers, and with the way merchant agreements are drafted today who can blame them really.

B & H Photo Video Inc were good though I did have to fax my credit card and inform my card company of the purchase before hand so they would make the transaction.

In the end I am the happy owner of a C4040 and ikelite housing with colour correction filter for 1100 USD (had to pay tax on the camera), which sucks on the conversion to AUD but is way better the buying it here,

Hope the above helps a little.

Cheers,

My-way

PS I'm leaving for a dive right now so I'll post more when I get back.

Well just in case anyone is interested the housing sealed fine to 66ft/20m but the vis was only about 2 meters so no photography at all.

Better luck next time for me.

Cheers

Welcome to the world of low viz! There's always next time! :wink:

Well the Viz should get better, I'll try to post something when I get some photos done. Hopefully they will look as good as the ones on your site.

Cheers,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom