digicam/housing/strobe combo advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...about 15-18ft on a sunny day in Roatan.

Most of the photo ops that I have are in closer to 100'....

A bit different environment.

h3o once bubbled...
I've decided to get the Olympus C-730. It is the newest olympus digicam being released oct. 15.
[...]
they don't make a housing yet for the cam, but hopefully they will soon, considering they make olympus housings for their other cameras.

thanks for all the advice guys...:)

If you hear of a housing for the C-7x0 -- LET ME KNOW!! I have a C-700 and love it. Alas, no housings to be found at any reasonable price.

Dee once bubbled...
You'll like the C-4040. You can get the PT-10 housing for $250us. One good thing about the Olympus combo is you can get started without having to have an external strobe. This is one of my first pictures taken with mine with no flash, external or internal.

For macro shots and those in shallow water, you can do very well without a strobe.
I already spent a couple of hours with the C4040 and I already like it a lot.

Another great pic, Dee, I hope I can get results half as good as yours...

I wonder if I can get the housing within one week or so and then talk my wife into going to Croatia the weekend after...

Genesis once bubbled...
Most of the photo ops that I have are in closer to 100'....

A bit different environment.

In that case you would use the internal flash and keep your subject with 3ft. I took lots of pics in the 80-100ft range on some walls on that same trip, using only the internal flash. I sometimes got a bit of backscatter from the fixed flash but the lighting was adequate. It's OK until you can add the strobe.

I'll probably wait for the 5050, but thanks! :)

Genesis once bubbled...
I'll probably wait for the 5050, but thanks! :)

I think I would too! I'll maybe think of replacing this one with the 6060...or whatever is next.

aren't the pt housings around $250?

h3o once bubbled...

Here in the US, the PT's are around $250usd

h3o once bubbled...
Here in Europe they are not distributed by Olympus, but imported (new) housings are available for around 350$, used (ebay) they are sold for about 250-300$

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom