Diffuser for LED Lux?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AUTiger

Contributor
Reaction score
A few months ago, somebody at Dive Rite told me that they were testing a diffuser for the LED Lux which would make it more suitable for video lighting.

Is there any word on when this will be in production? The light is too hot in the center for even video lighting.

Thank you
David

Hi David,

Our friend and Dive Rite Ambassador, Wes Skiles, has rigged a diffuser for the LED, however we do not have it in mass production at this time. You might ping him an email and find out what he's done. wes@karstproductions.com

Best,
Kathleen

A friend of mine showed me this post, maybe I can offer some info. Im not sure what Wes has come up with recently, but I have made and used some diffusers for these lights that I am pretty happy with. In your local hardware store's plumbing section you will find rubber "qwik caps" for pipes (ones with approx. 2" inner diameter). These fit perfectly on the end of the light, so then you cut out a circle at the unopened end enough so the light can shine through but the cap cannot slip further past the light. from the larger uncut end you can cut pretty much anything to this diameter and insert it and it will stay put because of the lip you left around the cut end. I have cut discs of clear plastic ziploc containers and made diffusers out of those with sandpaper and a sharp knife (to make them "frosty") the ziploc discs wedge right into the cap and the whole setup pops on or off the light when needed, even underwater. sometimes i will use multiple discs at once and/or cut outs of some orange gels or ND filters and put them between the light and ziploc disc, depending on the application. I realize this explanation is about as clear as mud, so feel free to email me and I may can get some pictures together if you are interested. Hope this helps, happy shooting.
Jason

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom