Difficult Spring Strap Size!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chewie07

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've been looking for some spring straps for my Mares Volo Powers. My measurements came out to be 11 3/4" (center post, accross heal, back to center post) for my left foot and just under 12" for my right foot (slightly different size feet :D ). I made the measurements with 3/5 mm neoprene boots on.

So, there in lies the problem... The 11 3/4" innovative/blue reef would be too large and the 10" apollo or XS straps would be too small.

Any recommendations?

I might be able to help you. I just purchased a pair of the Innovative small spring straps (11 3/4"). My measurement is just over 12" center post to center post and I have the Mares Quattro fins.

I expect to receive the straps today, so hang tight and I will post again over the weekend with my findings.

Chewie07:
I've been looking for some spring straps for my Mares Volo Powers. My measurements came out to be 11 3/4" (center post, accross heal, back to center post) for my left foot and just under 12" for my right foot (slightly different size feet :D ). I made the measurements with 3/5 mm neoprene boots on.

So, there in lies the problem... The 11 3/4" innovative/blue reef would be too large and the 10" apollo or XS straps would be too small.

Any recommendations?

The 8" XS Scuba strap would fit you fine. The pin to pin length of the Xs Scuba 8" straps is 10.5". Take a look at the size chart we developed for the XS Scuba spring fin straps.

XS Scuba Stainless Steel Fin Straps - Three Sizes

If you have any questions, please feel free to give me a call. Thanks.

Phil Ellis

Ok, I just received the Innovative strap. As I mentioned before, I bought the small EZ Diver which is one you would consider. On my 12 - 12 1/4" measurement, this one is a bit tight. I measured it and it is indeed 11 3/4" when it is straight. However, because the EZ Diver model includes male and female plastic pieces, it kind of sticks out a bit/. Combine that with the rubber pull tab/padding (which is great) which shortens it up when it's bent, it actually wears a bit shorter than the length. Unless this loosens up a bit, this might be too tight for me.

I would think this might be a perfect fit for you.

Wayward Son here on the board makes custom spring straps. I have 2 paris and love them!

PhilEllis:
The 8" XS Scuba strap would fit you fine. The pin to pin length of the Xs Scuba 8" straps is 10.5". Take a look at the size chart we developed for the XS Scuba spring fin straps.

XS Scuba Stainless Steel Fin Straps - Three Sizes

If you have any questions, please feel free to give me a call. Thanks.

Phil Ellis

I would prefer to have a pull tab on the back of the strap.... But, I may have to consider the XS straps if all else fails.

WarmWaterWeenie:
Ok, I just received the Innovative strap. As I mentioned before, I bought the small EZ Diver which is one you would consider. On my 12 - 12 1/4" measurement, this one is a bit tight. I measured it and it is indeed 11 3/4" when it is straight. However, because the EZ Diver model includes male and female plastic pieces, it kind of sticks out a bit/. Combine that with the rubber pull tab/padding (which is great) which shortens it up when it's bent, it actually wears a bit shorter than the length. Unless this loosens up a bit, this might be too tight for me.

I would think this might be a perfect fit for you.

Does the 11 3/4" include the quick connect portions as well? I would really like to get a pair of the innovative ones (after spending a weekend with 7mm gloves on, I can say I DEFINITELY will need the pull tab).

How tight do they feel? If these would fit my fins/feet I'd be extremely happy! Maybe I won't have to worry about over extending them...

I'm not sure what you mean about the quick connect portions. But the EZ Diver model includes the female plastic part that connects to the pin on the fin. At the ends of the spring, there are plastic male parts that 'quick release/connect' into the female parts. Is that what you mean? Check out the pics on divesports.

I agree with you on the pull tabs. I think they're great.

They are tight enough, bordering on too tight. A 1/4" or even 1/2" extra would make it perfect. I would think this would work great for you.

Sorry... Yes, I was referring to the quick connect portion that clips into the "female" connection that fits on to the actual fin post.

Well, these are definitely worth the try. Thanks for the help with these. I'll keep you posted as to whether or not they work for me.

I just received my small EZ diver versions. They fit great and feel nice and comfortable.

Thanks for the recommendation and help with these!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom