Different Tank Sizes, Please Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My instructor had steel HP100's with DIN valves that I used during my class. My regulator is an Aqualung Legend LX with yoke valves, and I have been renting steel LP95's. Most of the used HP100's have DIN valves and I would need to change the valves or get an adapter. I don't want to change my reg to DIN because I go to Hawaii a few times a year and the LD in Kona that we use does not have DIN tanks to rent. I have had the rental LP95's filled +10% with no problems here in California.

DOT-3AA2400 DOT == Dept of Transportation, 3AA == Steel, 2400 == 2400 psi working pressure

560895 == serial number

1A == 1A18 hydro tester id.

4-96+ hydro date

If no REE then these cylinders are probably made by PST as Faber usually has the REE number on them.

PST 95 2400 +10% 8" dia 24.75" height 43.8 lbs -3.3 -10.4 buoyancy
PST 104 2400 +10% 8" dia 26.88" height 46.4 lbs -3.3 -11.27 buoyancy

There is a 2" difference between the cylinders which given that cylinders from different batches can have a slight difference of 0.25" I would say that you have a 95 and 104.

BTW $250 for both is a great price. You will probably spend $80 for hydros and visuals so even with that the price is still great.

For modern HP cylinders the valves are typically 200bar DIN Pro valves which means inserts can be put into the valve and it becomes a yoke valve. Have your instructor or dive shop show you this feature.

Thanks for your help I decided to pass on these tanks. I want both of my tanks to be the same size. I will keep looking for used tanks including lp95's, lp104's and hp100's. Hopefully I can find a divorce sale like I did for my regs and computer. I ended up with a smoking deal. I really can't afford new steel tanks and I don't want aluminum.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom