Difference in Old Geo and New

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WartedEmperor

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
What is the difference in the new Geo and the old model? Also is there any way on telling which one it is by looking at it?

I just purchased a new Geo, but there are a number of online retailers that are selling the old model at a steep discount. I haven't a clue what the internal difference is between the two, but you can tell the new model from the old based on the exterior. I don't know that I can easily describe the difference other than to say that the old model is black with colored rings on the face. The 2008 models are truly two-toned, with the exception of the all black model. Go to Oceanic's web site for a view of this years model and you will hopefully see what I mean.

I am not sure what the functionality differences are, but here are some pics showing the the physical differences:

Old GEO (like TTT103 said, just a colored face-plate)
31uUNThZKEL._AA280_.jpg

New GEO (duo-tone)
geomix.gif

They probally don't want to answer because the difference is probally only the colors. They don't want to make people mad that payed $250 more for just a collor change, and thought they were getting different software.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom