Difference between HP and LP Steel tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

None of the shops around me have a booster that I know of either. That's 5 shops. On my last trip to FL. I didn't see a booster in any of the Shops we dove out of. Not saying they didn't have one. But it wasn't visable at there fill station. And yea, I'm used to hauling tanks. So I hauled mine back into the fill room. They tend to show you around when you help out.

I blend gas too. And have a nice little booster for my own. But the shop doesn't. And I do mix in my LP's. It's just easier. I do pull my supply tanks down with the booster though.

And I have HP tanks too. But don't usually put mix in em.

LUBOLD8431:
Well, I feel sorry for any shop that is filling cylinders with mix without a booster. I thought they were the norm...

Maybe its just where you live, because everywhere else Ive been has them...

Unless you work for a dive shop that is too tight too purchase a booster....

The dive store I work at does not feel that there is a necessity for a booster; it is financially unviable. Yet they are trying to pursue the divers in the technical field! So, the only solution for me is to partial pressure bland and hope that no one wants a trimix fill as that will mean I have to drain the customers tanks completely.

With HP tanks, I can fill them to about 3450psi. It takes me along time (2hrs +) I use a fan to cool the tanks and then top them up to a warm 3500 psi and repeat the process until the tank feels cool.

Back
Top Bottom