Difference between Aqualung Legend LUX Supreme & Aqualung Legend LX Supreme

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SnorkelLA

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Both say they are good for cold water (which I FREQUENTLY dive), but I can't really seem to see a difference between the two other than the "pink gold" plating on the Legend LUX Supreme. Can anyone tell me the difference (you Aqualung reps out there BE HONEST). Money really isn't an object but I'd rather not spend an extra $400 or so on a plating.

Also, if anyone can attest to a very easy breathing, solid, reliable reg good for cold water please chime in. My current reg set is a Aqualung Titan LX, and it just doesn't cut it for those Arkansas lakes deep dives.

---------- Post added ----------

Just looked at the charts on the regulator page, and both regs have the exact same ticks in the same boxes. But I'm weighing all options, so if anyone has experience with either of these regs or others like them please chime in

OK, I'll chime in here.
The Difference between the two is the LUX has the pink gold.

"if you want the same high performance features and ease of breathing as the Legend LUX but without the pink gold finish, you will find it with the Legend LX. Like the Legend LUX, the Legend LX features the Master Breathing System(MBS)"

Hmmmm, well it looks like I'm going to be going for the Legend LX Supreme. But I'll let this thread keep going for a while so I can see any other options

Just to expand the discussion, how is the Scubapro MK25/A700 for cold water (40F or a bit higher for where I dive)?

What about your current Titan LX doesn't cut it?
The Legend 2nd stages are identical to your LX and you'd have to try very hard to over tax the Titan 1st stage.

What about your current Titan LX doesn't cut it?
The Legend 2nd stages are identical to your LX and you'd have to try very hard to over tax the Titan 1st stage.

I've dove both. while the Titan LX is a good reg, the Legend LX breaths better. No question.

For what AL wants for a new Legend LX, I'd give serious consideration to buying a HOG D1 instead for half the price and same or better performance.

Just to expand the discussion, how is the Scubapro MK25/A700 for cold water (40F or a bit higher for where I dive)?

That is the Reg set that the owner of my LDS uses, he said it is the best he has ever used. Most of our diving up here in the Pacific NW is fairly cold, average is 40 to 50'f.

I started diving MK25/G250V this season, few weeks I had them on several dives down to 105ft with a temp of 40F, all settings on the highest (VIVA +) and least cranking effort. No free flows.

If you really like the looks of A700 and ready to pay extra go for it, otherwise you can get a G250V which can be considered a workhorse reg and a great breather.

Well, looks like with a bit more research I'm going to pull the trigger on the Scubapro rig, I got a PM from someone and they said the Aqualung Legend LX Supreme isn't environmentaly sealed, which is a problem for the murky, high-silt lake diving I do. Not positively sure if that MK25 rig is too, I'll have to look. Thanks for all the help and keep the responses coming in, thanks!

I really can't see the need to enviro seal a diaphragm reg in water warmer than 40f as all the delicate bits are already sealed behind the diaphragm.....kind of a belt and braces thing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom