Difference between Aqualung Legend LUX Supreme & Aqualung Legend LX Supreme

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bought it used with 9 dives on it.

Bought an Aqualung Legend LX (2012) edition for $614+tax the other day at my local dive shop. Pretty sure I got it exactly at cost, they also tossed in a $40 Miflex hose (for my older AL Legend Octo that I had moved over to the new regulator.

And how is it?

The A700 has a chrome plated brass body. It holds the heat from your breath better IMHO. It also helps the air by holding moisture. When I used my wifes S600 my mouth dried out more.

Later Mon,
Nick

---------- Post added ----------

We where there 2 or 3 weekends ago with Bayou Divers. I was buttoned up. I had on a 6.5mm farmer john(12mm over your core), 7mm hood, 5mm gloves and boots plus a long sleeve Lavacore! Once my lips went numb is wasnt bad. My body never got cold. At 60-70 feet I had zero trouble breathing. The guys with me said they notices a difference in performance. They had Scubapro MK11/C300s. I just like a metal body. Plastic is for toys. Also look at the Hog D1. For the money you cannot beat them. Some people believe you cant beat them, just spen
d more and get the same or less. I went with Scubapro because you can find a dealer and tech ANYWHERE. With there being more tech a good tech will be easier to find.

Later Mon,
Nick

My nephew was there taking his AOW with RRS (Red River Scuba)! Small world! So it looks like I'll be going with the MK25/A700.

The nephew was actually using my reg set for that dive and he told me the same thing, once he got down to 40 ft he had troubles saying the air wasn't very easy to get. He said, "I was in a 3 mil and freezing my ass off!"

A 3 mil at 40' would be miserable! I was at Beaver this weekend in a 5mil Farmer John (10 on top) and was freezing below 40 feet. I had a hood but no gloves.

I would question your particular reg instead of the model. Sound like something is screwy. I dive the same lakes,as you and use a Titan. Not even the LX model. I don't have a problem at depth. However, I am considering upgrading to the Legend just BC I like to by pointless dive gear...its fun:)

Bought an Aqualung Legend LX (2012) edition for $614+tax the other day at my local dive shop. Pretty sure I got it exactly at cost, they also tossed in a $40 Miflex hose (for my older AL Legend Octo that I had moved over to the new regulator.

The truth is you are not even close. Scuba equipment margin is very big. If you have a source, ask what is the key man price for the same reg. Just saying

A 3 mil at 40' would be miserable! I was at Beaver this weekend in a 5mil Farmer John (10 on top) and was freezing below 40 feet. I had a hood but no gloves.

I would question your particular reg instead of the model. Sound like something is screwy. I dive the same lakes,as you and use a Titan. Not even the LX model. I don't have a problem at depth. However, I am considering upgrading to the Legend just BC I like to by pointless dive gear...its fun:)

Do you know of any good dive sites at DeGray? Most of the time when I go out it's with a buddy or two on my srecreational boat and we just find ourselves a little island, drop anchorand swim around to see what we can see. I've seen some massive fish doing this technique, unfortunately spearfishing isn't for me. My nephew says there's a golf cart down about 25' at the permit only platforms by the dam at DeGray

The truth is you are not even close. Scuba equipment margin is very big. If you have a source, ask what is the key man price for the same reg. Just saying

Way to depress me. :) I still think I got a good deal compared to what most sell it for.

Hi SnorkelLA,
I can verify for you that the differences are the external coatings. More than just "plating" the black DLC (diamond-like coating) and the pink gold are created through a PVD (Physical Vapor Deposition) process that results in a finish that is much harder and more durable than chrome. Plus, since it is not dipped (like chrome), the coating is more uniform. The true purpose is a richer cosmetic but you do pick up the durability aspect.
BTW, both supreme models are excellent in temps down to 2 degrees C.

Tom

Thanks, can you tell me if there is a feature of the AL regs that I might chose over the Scubapro? I haven't ordered yet and I wouldn't mind buying another AL rig so long as it could stand up to coldish lakes

Do you know of any good dive sites at DeGray? Most of the time when I go out it's with a buddy or two on my srecreational boat and we just find ourselves a little island, drop anchorand swim around to see what we can see. I've seen some massive fish doing this technique, unfortunately spearfishing isn't for me. My nephew says there's a golf cart down about 25' at the permit only platforms by the dam at DeGray

There is also a dishwasher or stove, old riding lawnmower and toilet. Plus a few hoops in between the platforms on the lines.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom