difference bet apeks atx50 & ctx50 ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jacek

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
what's the difference bet the apeks atx 50 and the ctx 50 ?
and what about the DS4 and DST business ? thanks

Never seen the CTX50 anywhere except Leisurepro. You may also want to check prices at simplyscuba and diveinn.

The DS4 and DST, as I understand it, differ only with the presence (DST) and absence (DS4) of the swivel Turret. Plenty of arguments on both sides as to the value with the more techincal divers preferring the simplicity of the DS4 in most cases.

For a recent discussion about the Apeks line and models:
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?threadid=11559&perpage=15&display=&pagenumber=2

Also:
http://www.apeks.co.uk/

The CTX is the German version of the ATX. Same reg, different lable.
Lloyd

Lloyd once bubbled...
The CTX is the German version of the ATX. Same reg, different lable.
Lloyd

its the same version!!! firstly Apeks would release the ATX-series as the CTX-serie (compact-serie). But due to marketing strategy, they switched to ATX. Unfortunately, all labels for the german market where already produced and that why they sell in germany the CTX's. I also heard that there where legal problems in Germany with the name 'atx'. dont know if that true...

i only heard this from a german dealer.

The CTX line has more compact 2nd stages,they are smaller and lighter.The 1st stages are identical.
The CTX line was first introduced to Europe,it is available in NA(Can and US) as well,although less popular than the ATX.
Rumor has it that Apeks will drop the CTX line?????.

djbh once bubbled...
The CTX line has more compact 2nd stages,they are smaller and lighter.The 1st stages are identical.
The CTX line was first introduced to Europe,it is available in NA(Can and US) as well,although less popular than the ATX.
Are you sure about this? I believe that the CTX and ATX are identical apart from labelling - there is an older TX line that had identical first stages, and slightly larger second stages. You can find the TX line still available for sale as well.

djbh once bubbled...

Wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The CTX and ATX are the same!!! (apart from the labels).

you are confusing it with the TX.

the CTX/ATX-line 2nd stage is lighter than the TX-line 2nd stage.

the first stage of the CTX/ATX-line is a bit different. It has a wider spectrum of the mid pressure (adjustment).

Just mail apeks!!! they are really fast in answering!!!!

I am also trying to obtain the difference between a CTX 50 and a ATX 50. I have seen the atx model an know it has an extended exhale ports that reportly move the bubbles out of your line of view. The picture I have of the ctx model does not appear to have the extended ports. Does anyone know if this is true? I wish to buy the ctx model but I want the extended ports like the ATX50 has.

J C Cooper once bubbled...
I am also trying to obtain the difference between a CTX 50 and a ATX 50. I have seen the atx model an know it has an extended exhale ports that reportly move the bubbles out of your line of view. The picture I have of the ctx model does not appear to have the extended ports. Does anyone know if this is true? I wish to buy the ctx model but I want the extended ports like the ATX50 has.

The extended ports belong to the older TX-models...

All ATX/CTX-models do have the short ports.

I emailed apeks about this, as I am thinking of buying an apeks reg to replace my venerable sherwoods and I was concerned about bubble dispersal while taking photos.

Unfortunately, the ATX port is mouled on, so you can't replace it with a TX style exhaust. Their advice was to buy the TX if it was a real concern.

I still haven't made up my mind.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom