Did you shave your mustache to dive??

To have or not to have, the leaking determines the question!

• I have a mustache, leaks a little, I live with it!

Votes: 113 30.9%
  • I have a mustache, I use grease, no leaks that way!

Votes: 13 3.6%
  • I had a mustache, had to shave it off in order to get a good fit.

Votes: 57 15.6%
  • Never had a mustache, my mask never gets wet.

Votes: 37 10.1%
  • Whats a mustache?

Votes: 16 4.4%
  • Have a mustache, found a mask that fits.

Votes: 46 12.6%
  • I trimmed the moustache just below the nose... mask works fine!

Votes: 84 23.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jdemme:
I've tried shaving the top 1/8 inch with a non-electric razor (as in blade) but find it hard to get an exact shave without cutting off more hair each time. How do others shave -- with an electric trimmer?

balder

I use the Final Touch Personal Hair Remover. No problem getting right up against the calomel (area between the nostrils).That area a blade can't get to. You see these pencil sized hair trimmers all over the place now for as little as $2.99. I now keep one along with a spare AAA battery in my save a dive kit.

Finishing Touch...MicroTrim... Simplique Several different ones on that page.

...and also for my new "word of the day" -- calomel.

- jim

I have a full beard. I trim the 'stache in an approximately 2mm wide line below my nose using the excellent trimming blade built into the Gillette Fusion razor . This rarely comes out perfect, but generally does the job. Between dive trips I let it grow back in.

Sometimes I get a little leakage, so I tend to smear a little silicone gel on the bottom edge of the mask below the nose.

coyote

Shave down about a 1/4", dive every week, but want to keep the stash and goatee, shave those of maybe once a year, last time because my 5 yr. olds friend asked if I was her grampa when we met.......MAN, that hurt.....

A person serious about his or her diving would do well to consider the Don Ameche look. Don NEVER had any water leak into his mask in all his years of diving. Plus with your hair lacquered back in place, you surface looking just as cool and debonair as when you geared up.

Tom Winters:
A person serious about his or her diving would do well to consider the Don Ameche look. Don NEVER had any water leak into his mask in all his years of diving. Plus with your hair lacquered back in place, you surface looking just as cool and debonair as when you geared up.

:bravo: :bravo:

I just inter-twine my nose hairs and mustache together, and my mask sits on top of the knot

I find that the magnum mask with no purge works well with mustached people

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom