Did you lose a small light at Lobos?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bbianchi

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
If so the diver that found it (I don't know his name) doesnt plan on returning it. It was a yellow small probably 2xAA light that was found. The diver said he lost enough stuff of his own, so he was claiming this light. He also was quite proud and letting everyone know this.

Sorry for the bad news.. :(

Brandon,

Did he listen to any reason that many divers are honest and return lost equipment?

MG

I did lose a small yellow light with my initials in orange paint on the side at Lobos. It was a UK ELED Q40 on a lanyard. Might or might not be mine. I lost mine a while ago. As for returning lights, well I've returned a few, being burdened with the skills to find nearly anyone with minimal information. What goes around comes around. It's my opinion that character is what you are when no one is looking. I can't determine what another does, but I can damn sure determine what I do. If that person chooses to lessen who they are by such an act, so be it. To be greater only requires one more step than the next person. I feel sorry for that diver, to choose to be less. And if it was my light, well, if they are so small that a light makes them feel better, well, they are welcome to it. I feel pity for them, though.

Divenomad

He didnt seem to think there was anything wrong in taking it and not finding the owner.

Don't worry Karma will get him back..

I think this is the owner of the yellow light that was lost at Lobos... You might want to let that diver know he better return it or else!!! :)

nvz9g6.jpg

I did lose a small yellow light with my initials in orange paint on the side at Lobos. It was a UK ELED Q40 on a lanyard. Might or might not be mine. I lost mine a while ago. As for returning lights, well I've returned a few, being burdened with the skills to find nearly anyone with minimal information. What goes around comes around. It's my opinion that character is what you are when no one is looking. I can't determine what another does, but I can damn sure determine what I do. If that person chooses to lessen who they are by such an act, so be it. To be greater only requires one more step than the next person. I feel sorry for that diver, to choose to be less. And if it was my light, well, if they are so small that a light makes them feel better, well, they are welcome to it. I feel pity for them, though.

Divenomad

It may have been your light and if so im sorry. I didn't get a good enough look at it to make out the brand but it did look UK ish. Like people have mentioned though, he will have his day. Its a shame that people cant be honest and try to return gear when its found. As we all know, its not cheap!

I would not wish anything bad on anyone or say that something bad may happen in the future, or wish bad luck for a person. It may have little to do with honesty. The person did not steal it or try to hide it. Kind of obvious he thought it was lucky for all the stuff he lost and thought it a good find. He was happy. Seemed to be big deal for him and for those that judge him. Move on with life. SCUBAToys and LeisurePro have good deals on flashlights. I upgraded to the eLEDs last month.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom