Votes: 80 79.2%
  • No

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • Undecided

Votes: 15 14.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TaiHei

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
In your opinion, based on the information given in the news media and this forum;

Do you believe Gabe Watson murdered his wife?

Yes, I am reasonably certain he killed his wife, and yes, I don't know.

w t f?

Seriously, are there not enough things to discuss here that you make a POLL about someone's cause of death? Totally uncalled for and a waste of bandwidth...like anyone here has ANY idea what happened, let alone make an amusement out of speculating.

Give your head a shake.

I think he killed her too.

Nothing wrong with the equipment, and the other divers recognized the suspicious story that Watson told them, as soon as he was explaining it to them.

w t f?

Seriously, are there not enough things to discuss here that you make a POLL about someone's cause of death? Totally uncalled for and a waste of bandwidth...like anyone here has ANY idea what happened, let alone make an amusement out of speculating.

Give your head a shake.

I disagree with your comments.

This story (and the alleged murder) have received much media attention, and is quite controversial. I'm interested to see what other SBers think, and there's nothing wrong with discussing it in this forum. If you disagree, nobody's forcing you to vote... Back under your bridge!

I'll be perpetually undecided.

Even with the plea (bargain) it's impossible to know.

I'm with bwerb...in-appropriate...and why when anyone that has a contrarian comment have to be labeled a troll?

w t f?

Give your head a shake.

Just think, if you quit posting all together, we'd save bandwidth. Hmmm. So let him make his poll.

I anxiously waited for the trial so that an impartial jury could weigh the facts of this case presented by the prosecution and defense under the rules of law. Since the manslaughter plea, that outcome is not going to happen.
Only one person really knows what happened. So anything any one of us comes up with is speculation. And I will agree that the news media is very often biased, and this case is no exception. Even the trial would probably have trouble with a verdict since the evidence is mostly circumstantial.

This poll arises from other threads on this board, where there is some very good information from people who have been following the case. I give a lot of credit to K_girl, who has put a lot of time organizing details from news sources and Gabe Watson s testimony. This Poll is an attempt to condense information into a conclusion and possibly how someone has come to that conclusion. It s purpose is not for entertainment. If anyone thinks this subject is amusement, get help-fast. I believe there are people on ScubaBoard who have enough G2 to make an informed opinion. So there are people who have some idea of what is going on. Upon the conclusion of this poll, all I expect is to know what opinions are out there. The results are not the same as a trial verdict, it carries no punishment to the accused, has no affect on his life whatsoever. The rules of evidence (if we can call it that) are much looser than a trial where there has to be without a shadow of a doubt. If we use that standard every one of us should vote undecided. Same as if we use a preponderance of evidence, as in a civil trial. We just do not have indisputable evidence, and there is no defense other than what a few posters want to submit, and what Gabe Watson told the authorities. I view the standard as people using their diving experience to determine what makes sense as to what probably happened. Again, there will always be doubt as to what really happened.

For those that don t agree this poll should exist: It does - get over it. It isn t your call. If the Scubaboard staff want to pull it because of the subject, that is another matter. There are other threads with similar subject matter. This one narrows the scope or it will if people will allow that. I ask everyone to stay within the subject. If you want to debate if this poll is appropriate, start your own thread. I probably won t read it. If someone posts to it that Gabe is guilty (outside the purpose of the new thread) then you will know what it s like. This is a unpleasant subject. I keep coming back to the posts because I want to understand how this could happen. I want to understand what people think about it. If the subject is too hot, stay out of the posts, you can read the title, you know what it is about. If it makes you feel better, start your own poll, maybe something dealing with buttermilk.

This thread is for those who have been keeping up with this case and can make an informed decision. So again, stay within the scope,-yes, no, undecided, and make posts to support your choice. Anything else, there are plenty of other threads, or make your own.

Finally I thank those so far who have participated, and made legitimate posts.

Well, there are a number of Sherlockians who point out that Watson had a several year gap in his chronology where he lived and practiced medicine in the western United States. Based on
statements that he made in several cases, it appears he was married there.

Yet Watson married Mary Morstan without, apparently, telling her that he was once married. So, how did he become an eligible man again? Perplexing question.

This is the level that I relegate such speculative discussions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom