Did the new posts button change?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A system where the user can select which boards appear in the search would be really nice.

There are some boards I do want to check almost every time but others that I'm not concerned with but don't annoy me enough to put them on the ignore list.
That is unlikely to be implemented in the near future.

You can however subscribe to specific forums, they will be listed in your User CP.

We will be expanding the second menu with other standard queries. Currently it's only Classifieds and posts in the last X days.

One request so far has been a search for new posts in Scuba forums only.

Feel free to add other suggestions.

how about a "search your user name in thread format" in the pull down menu?

Yeah I know User CP is similar to this, but it only shows subscribed threads.

what I'm talking about is the same as Advanced Search --> enter User name --> Search.

It will show posts you've posted in (including ones you don't subscribe to) in the "thread" format (and not the "each post" format.

BTW... thanks for fixing this with the clickable link and the pull down on the side. works much better.

So in your case that would be this?

Find mike_s' posts

very close..... if you look at the top of the results of that search, it found EVERYONE with mike in their username.

resulted in

Search: Posts Made By: Mike Stevenson or mike_scuba or MikeSSS or mikesscuba2004 or miketsp or mike smith or mike_s or mike*s or mikejsharp or Mike Shedore or Mike Solner or MikePSD or mikenshari or mike'sdaughter or mikelsky or Mike Shaw or mikessy or Mike Stephens or Mike Spicer or MikeBsUDS or mike Spooks or Mike Saieed or mike.spivey or brockmikessun13 or Mike Sanitate or mikeosborn

I like the changes, but is there a way to get the new posts list to show what I am trying to find without me actually having to click or type anything, you know, telepathically? :D

Seriously, I am always amazed at how receptive and responsive you are to user input. Major kudos to El and the rest of the SB team.

I like the changes, but is there a way to get the new posts list to show what I am trying to find without me actually having to click or type anything, you know, telepathically? :D

This feature was activated quite some time ago. However not all users have sufficient hardware to implement the software. :D

very close..... if you look at the top of the results of that search, it found EVERYONE with mike in their username.

resulted in

Search: Posts Made By: Mike Stevenson or mike_scuba or MikeSSS or mikesscuba2004 or miketsp or mike smith or mike_s or mike*s or mikejsharp or Mike Shedore or Mike Solner or MikePSD or mikenshari or mike'sdaughter or mikelsky or Mike Shaw or mikessy or Mike Stephens or Mike Spicer or MikeBsUDS or mike Spooks or Mike Saieed or mike.spivey or brockmikessun13 or Mike Sanitate or mikeosborn

Why dont you just click on their/your user name and then "find more posts by?"

Or am I missing something?

Why dont you just click on their/your user name and then "find more posts by?"

Or am I missing something?
Find more posts will list all posts.

The requested link will list all threads the user has posted in.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom