Did it really snow on Sharm yesterday?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I didn't see any snow - and actually, because I'm English, I spent an hour sitting on my porch watching the rain come down. I didn't see proper rain since January, and when you live in the dry and dusty desert all year, it's kinda nice to get rained on. Not for too long though.

Thistlegorm was cancelled because Travco was closed but the jetties re-opened later in the morning and other boats went out. Too late for us though. Never mind - I am going tomorrow instead! :D

Cheers

C.

No it didn't snow.. but we had hail and lashings of rain!

We were diving local so managed to get off the jetty when it opened... did both dives in the morning, so were able to enjoy the torrents of rain while we ate lunch on the way back.

Fantastic thunderstorm hit in the evening too... woo hoo!

Hail? When - where!? maybe it happened when I was back in bed being miserable cos the Thistlegorm was cancelled - went today though - it was pretty cool.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who enjoys a bit of precipitation every now and then!

Happy Nude Beer to all of you - party is at my place tonight :D

Weeeee!!

Crowley.

We were at Near Garden... torrential it was.. for about an hour or more while we ate lunch. In Hadaba it only rained for about fifteen minutes apparently. I just thought the white bits were very big blobs of rain until someone handed me a hailstone!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom