Did I have DCS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CincyBengalsFan once bubbled...

Not really. It's pretty much that simple. It's not as easy as running a recompression chamber but it works. You must follow a table though or computer.

I beg to differ with you, sir! None of the published (i.e. read here "accepted") methods of IWR involve just jumping in with another tank. (Please see "Diving and Subaquatic Medicine" by Edmonds, et al for reference).

fbj, what is your status now? i believe you should be seeing a dive doctor or talking to DAN with a possible hyperbaric chamber visit since you experienced a known decompression violation.

BigJetDriver69 once bubbled...

I beg to differ with you, sir! None of the published (i.e. read here "accepted") methods of IWR involve just jumping in with another tank. (Please see "Diving and Subaquatic Medicine" by Edmonds, et al for reference).

My fault, they must be right. I mean with ALL THE RESEARCH done on IWR. Oh yeah, there has been minimum research done on it yet people still publish books about it. It's a wide open topic full of opinions and very few facts. I just have an opinion too.

CincyBengalsFan once bubbled...

My fault, they must be right. I mean with ALL THE RESEARCH done on IWR. Oh yeah, there has been minimum research done on it yet people still publish books about it. It's a wide open topic full of opinions and very few facts. I just have an opinion too.

You know what? I think "fbj" is a sock-puppet and we all got sucked into a troll. Go back and look carefully at his post.

R..

I have a strange feeling the last poster is right due to his PADI inst # which is in th 600 range...but anyways.
By no means should IWR be used unless there is no chance that you can get to a RC within a resonable amount of time. IWR has many issues and needs adequate surface and IW support, things like surface supplied o2 @ 100% with full face mask to prevent drowning due to oxtox seisure are some considerations. Just "jumping back in with a fresh tank of air" is probably not a wise decision because some tissues will probably end up ongassing again at some point and that defeats the whole purpose.
Unless you are a day away from a RC and you have a good team abord who has experiance and knoledge in this field I would not suggest IWR by any means. I'm not disputing the fact that is is a viable option but only under the best of circumstances.

Back
Top Bottom