Did I breach etiquette?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lostsheep

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I got a new alert I have not seen before. Did I break a forum rule?

1675889073681.png

Our new Spam robot is extremely aggressive. But you aren’t seeing much spam, are you. I’ll go ahead and approve the post.

It isn’t you, it’s us.

Thank you, I wanted to make sure I hadn't done something wrong unknowingly.

Thank you, I wanted to make sure I hadn't done something wrong unknowingly.
Nope. It catches anything that looks like an advertisement.

Yeah, I got one of those recently on a very vanilla post. It got cleared up fairly quickly without me taking any action.

I post a reply with youtube video, then I see this bar, I think it maybe a kind of censorship.

I got this warning on a post a week or two ago. I don't think the contents of the post itself would have hit a spam trigger, but I hit the post button, realized there was a typo, and edited the post. Then I realized I had said something stupid, and edited the post again. I think I edited it 3 times in 2 or 3 minutes. My best guess is, something about multiple edits in quick succession pissed off some sort of anti-spam detector.

I post a reply with youtube video, then I see this bar, I think it maybe a kind of censorship.
Almost any link posted will yield those results.

Yes, we're censoring spam.

Maybe you'd prefer a different scuba chatboard.

Almost any link posted will yield those results.

Yes, we're censoring spam.

Maybe you'd prefer a different scuba chatboard.
Haha i'm sure i don't like spam, censorship and management are necessary for any community.
This is the first time I have seen the forum adopt the strategy of "censor before release", because it means an increase in workload.
Thanks for your hard work:like:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom