Did anyone dive today ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Took an accelerated student to Back Beach today. Lucky guy, four instructors for one student! We all just wanted to get some dives in so he was the beneficiary.

Viz was about 10' in the best spots, worse near shore. Not a lot to see, mostly lobster. One skate, one striper, that was about it. Water felt warmer than the 62* on the computer. We were in the water for about two hours overall. A couple other classes there as well. Rain keep the non divers away so plenty of parking spaces.

Did Pebble Beach last night for a dusk dive and a night dive. The first was the more eventful, we saw an enormous lobster. I'd estimate is was ~20" across at the claws, large claw about 10" long. He had his tail curled under, so couldn't get a good guess at OAL. Only one I've ever seen that size was at the Science Museum.

Viz was low, maybe 10'. Water was warm 60*F at 30'.

I'm a new North Shore, MA diver (certified this Summer). I started a dive blog just to keep detailed track of everything. No pressure - feel free to check it out if you're interested. I'm having an absolute blast so far.

jebfisher.com/scuba

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom