Did anyone dive today ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

David Sutton

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Did anyone head out today ?? just wondering how the conditions were ?? I figured with all the rain it might have been mucked up, so I sat out today. did I miss anything ???

Was planning to go, but a flooded basement side-tracked that idea. The viz was pretty bad in the basement. Going to try to get out tomorrow instead.

I'm still waiting to get in but in spite of the ran we have had nice seas and a lot of the right wind to help clear things up. My money says that away from river mouths it was nice. Maybe next week.

Between birthdays, recitals, graduations and spring projects my season seems to be shrinking. :( That or maybe I'm finding a differnt life balance. :)

Went to back beach with students yesterday. Good conditions 10-15 of viz. All the critters were out. We had a school of strippers following us

Went out Sat 6pm Old Garden viz about 20ft 54 degrees lots of critters.
My other two dive buddies dove there this morning. Same scenerio.

Got two dives in today at Bigelow Hollow. Viz was bad, until more divers went by, then it was real bad, maybe 5'. Moved off to a side and under the therm and got about 12'. Of course, there was nothing to see anyway. Air was 60*F, water 50*F. Got some nav and buoy skills in anyway.

I like that place!

Pete

Got two dives in at Pebble Beach, Gloucester today. Both long dives, (67, 59 minutes) to 22' and 30' at low tide. (A lot of swimming to get to 30'!). Vis was 10-15' lowest temp I saw was 55 degrees.

I went out in the harbor with Boston Scuba on Saturday 6/15. Since the Charles River is/was at full flood, the water in the harbor was a pretty murky brown. We had around 5ft of visibility or maybe less. :-( Out at Graves Light is about 10-15ft though.

Still managed to do well for scallops. Hopefully visibility should improve this weekend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom